US Election 2024

Literally never heard of this person in my whole life.

1 Like
3 Likes

Gershwin Cynnie! Didnā€™t expect you to be so low brow.

1 Like

But you have danced to him singing

2 Likes

2016 wasnā€™t actually that bad so there wasnā€™t much to adjust in response to. They were perceived to be bad because there were very late swings towards Trump that people couldnt/didnt pay attention to because the narrative had already been solidified during earlier periods of the campaign when polling suggested a blow out. That meant by the end it was polling as a within margin of error race where it mattered.

2020 was actually significantly worse. We dont remember it as such because the polls had Biden up so far at the end that they could afford big errors and still get the outcome ā€œrightā€ in a way that was not true of the 2016 race. An 8 point error in favour of the underdog in a +10 poll is a bad poll but get the result right and so is viewed by the public as better than a 3 point error in favour of the underdog in a +2 race. But the former is a clearly an objectively worse poll.

The big problem is that if you listen to any pollster they will openly admit they dont know why 2020 was so bad and have only guesswork to go on to figure out how to address it for this cycle. And the problem with presidential polling is you dont have trial runs to fine tune your model.

2 Likes

Think jay spearing with Bee Geeā€™s high pitched tone

5 Likes

Gershwin is lowbrow.

4 Likes

Thank you for helping me identify a song Iā€™ve always heard but never knew what it was.

1 Like

Ban!

2 Likes

Lil Jon appearing at the DNC was very fun.

There is also the element that he is a celebrity apprentice alum and most of those people have done a lot of water carrying for Trump over the years. Him appearing in person will definitely get under Trumpā€™s skin

1 Like

He looks like heā€™s been dead for 2 weeks. Heā€™s starting to look like the poltergeist preacher from Poltergeist 2

10 Likes

ā€œI say that Iā€™m much better looking than her. Much better. Much better. Iā€™m a better-looking person than Kamala."

Weird. They are out of their minds.

8 Likes

https://x.com/atrupar/status/1826791041065787866

4 Likes

Looks like heā€™s been to a cheap fake suntan shop and the suntan mit has run outā€¦

3 Likes

Everyman Vance orders some donuts.

ā€˜What do I say to them?ā€™

ā€˜Just normal stuff. You know, ask how long theyā€™ve worked there, etc.ā€™

4 Likes

ā€œIā€™m JD Vance Iā€™m running for vice-President good to see youā€

ā€œOkay.ā€

5 Likes

I know the story here is how cringey the interaction is, but do you know how bad a campaign has to be to put their candidate in a situation like that in the first place?

These campaigns have what they call ā€œadvance teamsā€ who are supposed to plan out all these impromptu stops making sure all involved are willing participants and ensuring their candidate is not going to get embarrassed by a bad reaction. They clearly did none of that and speaks to a campaign that has no idea what it is doing.

6 Likes

Sunak says hello, and wants to know if you know how to use a card machine?

4 Likes

Reminds me of Big Gretch wondering if Trump had ever been to a grocery store.

Weirdos.