US Reds - South of 49th

Those prices are a joke.

3 Likes

These things are such a rip off, everyone will be turning up expecting Mo Salah and VVD, but will get all the fringe players in a disjointed kick about disrupted by substitutions every five minutes.
It’ll be slightly better this time round due to the quality of the youth players, but generally these games don’t live up to the hype.

1 Like

Welcome to America!

There’s so many supporters here, and they come so infrequently, that tickets are always dear. If you belong to a supporters club, or have an active LFC membership, you get to log on an hour early to purchase. Tickets for Columbia were sold out in less than 2 hours.

Also, many tout services here in the states, that buy up tickets to high demand events like this.

Usually get a small handful of regulars getting 30-45 minutes, but the real fun is to sit in the stands with all the other supporters, and sign songs all day.

Best time I had in Ann Arbor was pre game at the downtown Irish pub. Filled with Reds. We were signing and chanting (and drinking) for a couple hours pregame. A small group of Scum fans walked in, which led to a litany of derogatory singing at full voice. They stayed about 5 minutes.

2 Likes

We have them here, too. Should be banned.

1 Like

I remember this!!! Ann Arbor was a blast! We were about 5 rows up behind the goal for the Shaqiri bicycle. Proper shithousery that day

2 Likes

I was row 9, right behind you!

1 Like

Been to a couple of these but not planning to go this summer. I’m keeping my powder dry in case I’m flying back to the UK with my lad for the parade, should we win the Prem.

The last preseason game I went to here in America was at Notre Dame. Jamie Webster was doing a nice set on a stage outside the stadium and the fans were giving it a good go singing the songs. The police were looking on, bemused.

1 Like