Virgil VAN DIJK: 2020/21

Fantastic news! Hopefully will see him fit for preseason

2 Likes

Excellent! Assuming there hasnā€™t been some sort of injury setback, thats the best news weā€™ve had for a while! Really important that next season we hit the ground running and reclaim the fucking league.

I feel for Virgil. Every player wants to represent their country in a major tournament. Hopefully, he can go to the World cup in 2022.

6 Likes

This so the best news of the season

5 Likes

Thereā€™s a 12.5 minute interview with Virgil on the Liverpool website - currently for subscribers.

Its a good watch/listen.

1 Like

I donā€™t really care. If he wins the PL and CL in 2022 I think he will be okay with missing that awful tournament in Qatar when Holland donā€™t qualify. Plus the 2022 world cup is going to fuck up the 22-3 season so the less players that make it the better in my opinion!

7 Likes

He is fucking boss.

2 Likes

Bring on next season. Hereā€™s to the rest of PL -

1 Like

I couldnā€™t give a fuck about international football only LFC. Hope our lads National sides go out early in so they can get some rest.

God knows they need it.

In fact last 10 mins of the season I wouldnā€™t mind a few lads getting a groin strain thatā€™ll put them out for 4 weeks.

2 Likes

I love that heā€™s said this, but seems crazy he was put in that position. Like weā€™re going to pay his salary, and all those who are doing his rehab, for him to go off and test his knee at the euros!?

1 Like

He can win the Europa 2022, itā€™s not much different than Euro 2021 :sunglasses:

1 Like

Alright then, good to get some info.

They probably all came to a conclusion that he wouldnā€™t be of much use to Holland vs the risk at stake.

Probably wants to have a ā€œsafety firstā€ summer, do his rehab properly and then give his all to remain at the top level at club and international level as he enters his 30ā€™s (considering the low profile career heā€™s had up until Liverpool). He will experience one EC/WC for sure if Holland gets there.

When does pre-season starts?

Pretty sure FDB would have if he had been available, it seems VVD shut that door.

Letā€™s face it the way he plays Gini shows he has some kind of issue with us.

1 Like

Itā€™s a good thing that VVD have told FDB to fuck-off.

Now that he has three months till the new season, he can have a proper rehabilitation and preseason. Hopefully Gomez and Matip too will be 100% ready when the new season starts.

1 Like

When he next runs out at Anfield, Iā€™d fear of my eardrums 4 miles away.

4 Likes

Iā€™m guessing my TV screen will crack. :heart_eyes::star_struck:

2 Likes

Good YouTube videos with him and Gomez.

VVD:

I have come to a decision that I had to make: would I be involved in the Euros, yes or no? With everything that is going on, I feel physically it is the right decision that Iā€™ve decided not to go to the Euros and to go into my last phase of rehab during the off-season. So, the full focus will be on pre-season with the club and thatā€™s a realistic goal, so I am looking forward to that. Obviously I am very gutted to miss the Euros, to miss the European Championship and leading out my own country there, but things have been like they have and I have to accept it ā€“ we all have to accept it. I think the decision to not go is the right decision in the grand scheme of things. Itā€™s tough, but Iā€™m at peace with it.

:+1:t2:

9 Likes

Sounds to me like he wouldnā€™t have been fully recovered if he had gone and would have been there as the walking/limping wounded. Which could have set his recovery for us back massively.

2 Likes