Virgil VAN DIJK: 2021/22

I understand, that’s why I’m giving you the information you didn’t have access to! :grinning:

2 Likes

From the moment he pinged that 40 yard pass out to Mane about 10 minutes in I knew I could relax because Virgil was back and all was well with the world again.

7 Likes

Wish he wouldn’t go to his national team at least this time.

Did great against Lukaku but IMO he is still at 75%. Physically but also that ‘psychological block’ after such an injury plays it’s part. Might take a few more months to have him back almost at his old level.

My biggest concern is that he will never get back his full speed or might take another preseason.

1 Like

Pretty comfortable with him going on national duty. Right now he needs to be playing to regain sharpness etc. You’d assume the medical department will be in constant communication with the Dutch medical department re. managing Virgil.

Had a decent game yesterday and his knee appears to be okay. Hopefully we see that return to his peak levels. Don’t think he’s miles away from that though.

Sep 1 @ Norway
Sep 4 vs. Montenegro
Sep 7 vs. Turkey

All very important games and he is most likely to be relied upon. Hopefully Louis van Gaal would be less of a dick than FdB and won’t play VvD for 90 mins in all three games.

Clever boy gives accurate description;

1 Like

I don’t agree with the premise but some good stuff in there about what stopped us from signing Virgil before he moved to Southampton.

Gary Mac says Rodgers didn’t think he was better than what we had. Rodgers says the scouts said he wasn’t for us :thinking:

No mention of Edouard downing tools at Celtic for pretty much most of last season?

VVD meanwhile never gave up, even when 7 nil down in the Nou Camp, he still tried,

I know which player i would rather have in my team…

VvD allegedly went on strike at Southampton though…but that’s different because it was an attempt to force a move to us :wink:

3 Likes

didnt know that!

but would have backed his stance at the time! :wink:

1 Like

I think it’s a shame the Echo is resorting to trying to whip up an already volatile fanbase god clicks.

Echo has been terrible for a long time now. I have a feeling that they are sort of retaliating for not getting any scoops from LFC.

1 Like

FFS, really?! Let’s hope that’s all VvD picked up during the international break (bad word to use!).

1 Like

Big Virg refusing selfie after Norway match. :joy::see_no_evil::skull:

2 Likes

VVD told Haaland he broke his finger but that everything was okay, lol. Then he played on. Was just dislocated of course. VVD will not have that much trouble with a dislocated finger for very long I think.

1 Like

Not only that VvD was in the middle of an interview, what’s happened to Covid protocol? How could the organiser let someone outside the bubble getting close to the players?

4 Likes

Will Virgil ever get to a big tournament with that bunch?

:joy:

White that bunch … probably a rappers tournament.

2 Likes

Looking at the covid situation , that fan should have been booked.

Understand that it’s situation normal right now but how far is it from a snafu

1 Like