Welcome to LFC: Ozan Kabak!

All of this exactly.

I put in the other thread, he’s going to have to dial it down a little bit bc the PL refs will make an example of him. He’s a fighter and often times that leads to recklessness.

5 Likes

Posting this here too.

They seem to compliment each other quite well, especially with one being a RCB and the other a LCB;

5 Likes

Sell him, he sounds shit.

I do hope you can find other examples, problem with Bayern is they destroy most teams, that Schalke team I’m surprised wasn’t beaten by more.

2 Likes

I’ll take your word for all that and call him Lovren MkII I hope he hits it off with Salah. Salah’s familly is growing at quite a rate.

1 Like

Looks like we’re planning a hybrid model. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

yeap… discipline is going to be key for this one… the kid does tend to be rash in his tackling. the hope is that being removed from the toxic schalke environment will do him wonders

4 Likes

the good thing about our defending is that we defend from the front. Our defenders are rarely under siege and are only occasionally called upon. Thats why despite our injury situation we are still top five in the league in the least goals conceded

4 Likes

All I’m reading is that he is shit.

But can he be shit on a cold wet night in brighton?

8 Likes

He is Turkish, I know know a handful of Turkish and they are all bat shit crazy.

Might be useful to have a crazy in the squad… been a while since we had one

6 Likes

Im more confident in the lad from PNE to be honest from what Ive seen and heard.
But its only a loan deal so we have nothing to lose with this. If hes shit we can send him back and if hes great we have a bargain.

2 Likes

Interesting move. I don’t quite see how he can help us short term with our center-back crisis, and just like Davies, he’ll most probably play second fiddle behind other players, but he’s certainly one with a lot of potential, and the fact that he comes on loan allows Kloppo and Pep to take a good look at him before they decide whether he’s worth the effort to bring him in permanently.

A low-risk move for a potentially exciting signing, with a view on the longer term.

All the best Ozan, welcome to LFC! :+1:t2:

4 Likes

I’ve watched a youtube video of his best bits and can confidently predict he’s going to be one of the greatest centre-backs the world has ever seen.

Seriously , he looks ok to me. Fast , strong and not afraid with the ball at his feet. Bags of potential there for Klopp and staff to work with , and he’s got plenty of incentive to show everyone just what he can do. Chance of a lifetime , let’s hope he takes it.

8 Likes

2 Likes

I concur, when they argue, it is hilarious and scary at the same time.

I think he is young enough to be moulded in Jurgen’s way.

5 Likes

What’s the difference between this and the Kirkby thread?

1 Like

This guy is a giant, or this plane is made for hobbits

2 Likes

Fucking hell… What an endorsment haha.

“I told Jurgen that he’s a top lad,” Arsenal’s former head of recruitment Mislintat tells The Athletic . “Top mentality, top character, top aggression. He’s a (Dejan) Lovren-type player. Very good in the air, both defensively and in the opposition box."

Personally think he will shine.

Another bit of that article which I think is really important.

“He was voted Bundesliga rookie of the season for his solid performances. His mentality and commitment were fantastic. He played with a broken toe and, in the relegation play-off against Union, with a broken nose, still heading balls. He’s like that.”

3 Likes

Asking my nephews, a die-hart Schalke fan about Kabak he told me Kabak isn’t as good as Matip at the time being. But he’s sure he has potential to be as good as Matip at least.
That confirms my assessment.
Well, time will tell.

8 Likes

Obviously has a few rough edges but his weaknesses look to be the sort that will readily be polished up at LFC.
With Matip now out for the season and Fabinho currently injured these CB signings were essential.

2 Likes

They don’t mean the fitness records, right! Otherwise, I will take a Matip any day.

5 Likes