Welcome to Liverpool Cody Gakpo

Never seen here skate :innocent:

1 Like

Holy smokes…

She is 1 lucky girl.

Wahaaay

1 Like

Gakpo: “I know Man Utd were really interested in me, but I didn’t want to downgrade from PSV, who are a bigger club. I only wanted Liverpool.”

Love him already.:heart::heart:

5 Likes

So, he took 18… interesting. Number 10 incoming?

2 Likes

He said that? :rofl:

Cody Mathès Gakpo (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈɣɑkpoː]

1 Like

Yeah, same principle as with Gullit.

1 Like

Meh… zero goals for us so far.
He’s shit.
Sell

Wow as tall as the gaffer. He’s getting on the end of some crosses thats for sure.

Can’t remember someone with his size staying on the wing for most part of the career.

Size or height? I guess you’re going on height, which doesn’t have to mean much.

Gakpo is 189cm, so similar cases (let’s say no less than 185cm) off the top of my head…

Ronaldo, Pires, Perisic, Riera, Babel… could think of more probably.

I remember that lump Derk Boerrigter at Celtic.

:joy:

His first goal of the world cup was a header. It was more about the timing of the run and the appreciation of the space than physically beating his guy in the air, but it was a reflection of him being a decent option to look to with the right cross

1 Like

Klopp says it’s unlikely he will feature against Brentford.

2 Likes

Yeah I was expecting it would be Wolves.

1 Like

Wolves makes most sense anyway.

Home cup game, etc.

2 Likes

Is he even allowed to train before Januari the first so playing on the second. :see_no_evil:

It is a young bloke who has never been outside Eindhoven. I know van Dijk was put into the squad right away but he had already lived in Glasgow and Southampton a grown man, Gakpo is a puppy, he needs a bit more time …

Gakpo’s best position?

"The position he has played most often is on the left, that is clear. But he can play all four positions up front if you play a 4-2-3-1 and is still very young. In good form with league and World Cup

“The position he probably prefers he can play is on the left of a 4-3-3”