Welcome to Liverpool Cody Gakpo

Don’t think he’s as explosive or direct as Diaz but if he can have a similar impact on the team to what he had last season then we’ve done well…seems able to finish chances off pretty well which would come in very handy for games where we’re not able to create as much.

1 Like

Yes, no problem with that.

1 Like

Playing a guy that runs at the defence on the left side of the pitch alongside Robbo and Diaz… might just mean MO gets the shackles taken off him by his customary bodyguarding defenders

I wonder how this signing impacts Curtis now

Another one who can not stay not injured over a period of time

1 Like

I think I’ve read that that was only his second ever headed goal in his professional career?

3 Likes

What you are saying is he can stay back with the full back for defence on corners.

8 Likes

The comp video i saw had him score two headers. I think he is usually the one putting in crosses so rarely finds himself with the opportunity.

1 Like

Google and some sites having Gakpo at 193cm.

Google and some sites used to have Sturridge as 188cm…

Where I’m looking, they have him as 189cm, at some places 188cm.

“Go on, walk round him. He’s a colossus.” Shankly on Ron Yeats.

5 Likes

A fairly insightful article for a change on the Metro

2 Likes

Love this! Loved our Dirk!

3 Likes

But what is his jumping height?

I’ll get my :coat:

1 Like

It is notable that a tall attacking player is the one taking the corner kicks instead of being in the box. I noticed that in YouTube vids. Must not be a great header of the ball.

1 Like

Or just has great delivery. A bit like Gerrard, who with his height and athleticism, I always felt was a bit wasted taking so many of our corners

3 Likes

Looked at this first day video. He is 191.5cm I believe

2 Likes

Nah, screenshot a pic of him in a Liverpool kit and set it as her background.

:joy: :man_facepalming:t2:

F*ckin ell.

Poor girl almost hug the thing.

#wecomenottowarm #thiswarmsmore

Hahaha…no chance.

She’s militant about locking her computer.