Welcome to Liverpool Cody Gakpo

5 Likes

Hurrah ! I have high hopes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I assume this replaced the James Milner contract if we lost this evening?

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who’s tuning in tonight. I appreciate it’s Boxing Day, it’s time with your family, but I thought, ‘You know what, you can’t not react to this just because you’re playing Boggle.’

Tv Show Lol GIF

2 Likes

I have corrected it for accuracy

14 games in the Mickey Mouse League, 12 assists, 9 goals

1 Like

That’s not actually true though. Usually links have been reported. It has been confirmed many times that we are after Bellingham.
Then there was a lot of speculation prior to Nunez arriving: Liverpool confirm pair of departures amid Darwin Nunez speculation

I could find a lot more, but it’s christmas and I want to play a game instead.

2 Likes

If that translates to even half those stats in the PL at the price hes a bargain in my book. Better than the 90 mil paid for Anthony

2 Likes

Our interest in Gakpo was also being reported a few weeks back

1 Like

Wasn’t it Pep Ljinders who broke the news? :stuck_out_tongue: Or the interest at least.

One minor edit.

Otherwise, spot on.

2 Likes
1 Like

That’s the lamp, now where’s the table?

1 Like

Keep pinching myself that we have Klopp.

So many factors in a transfer besides $ but having the best manager in the world helps.

2 Likes

On a different level to ETH, no matter what the current ‘momentum’

2 Likes

Not quite sure what to make of Gakpo. Firstly I’ve seen very little of him, so can’t really judge. If Firmino leaves then we’d certainly need another forward. Injuries to Diaz and Jota also a factor.

That said I thought we’d move for a more higher rated player. Whether that’s fair or not. Might be wrong but players more of the ilk of Leao, Kvaratskhelia or Mudryk. Maybe deemed too expensive but then again players I’ve not seen too much of either.

2 Likes

Gakpo is on a similar level to Jota, Nunez and Diaz when we signed them.

5 Likes

Maybe that cash is set aside for Jude.

3 Likes

I’ve barely seen anything of Gakpo just a cursory look at a you tube video this evening. First impression is that he look a bit of a unit and comfortable shooting with either foot.

1 Like

Mmh, yes and no.

Not as explosive as a Nunez or Diaz was/is, nor as intelligent as a Jota.

But could prove to have the explosiveness of Jota and intelligence of Diaz/Nunez :laughing:

Would it be safe to say Bobby is gone in the summer?