Welcome to Liverpool Darwin Nunez

6 Likes

I don’t think he laks confidence … :wink: Welcome to the best club in the world!

2 Likes

Divock Origi 27
Divock Origi
Divock Orig
Divock Ori
Divock Or
Divock O
Divock
Divoc
Divo
Div
Di
D
Da
Dar
Darw
Darwi
Darwin
Darwin N
Darwin Nu
Darwin Nun
Darwin Nune
Darwin Nunez
Darwin Nunez 27.

17 Likes

Uruguay forward Nunez has signed a long-term contract with the Reds to join from Benfica, where he scored 34 goals last season, subject to international clearance and the granting of a work permit.

Reacting to the capture of the club’s new No.27, the manager detailed the physical and mental attributes that made Nunez a compelling recruit.

And Klopp cannot wait to begin working with the attacker and further honing those qualities to ensure they can blossom during his time at Anfield.

“This is super news, really super news,” Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com. “I’m very grateful to everyone at the club for making it happen. We’ve shown decisiveness and ambition in equal measure.

“Darwin is a wonderful player; already really good but so much potential to get even better. That’s why it’s so exciting, to be honest. His age, his desire, his hunger to be even better than he currently is. His belief in our project and what we are looking to do as a club.

“He is as excited by us as we are by him, which makes for a great relationship, when you appreciate each other’s strengths. That is certainly the case here. He thinks we suit him and we believe he is the right fit for us – so let’s do it.

“He has all the pieces we look for. He can set a tempo, he brings energy, he can threaten space from central and wide areas. He is aggressive and dynamic with his movement.

“He plays without fear, he’s powerful. I know he will excite our supporters.

“It’s important we all recognise we are getting a ‘work in progress’ with Darwin. He recognises that himself, for sure. I love how much focus and humility he has.

“We have wonderful attacking options already and he becomes part of that now. So there is no pressure on him at all. He signs for a very long time and we intend to nurture his talent and see it grow.

“He’s the latest addition to the wonderful LFC family and I’m sure our supporters will make him feel at home from the first moment he has the Liver bird on his chest.”

8 Likes

excellent news this…

came totally out of the blue for me!

8 Likes

Got to love these under the radar signings :+1:t3:

3 Likes

16 Likes

Stoked that we have signed him up. A far cry from scraping the bottom of the barrel with the likes of Jovanovic, Degen, Konchesky, etc

8 Likes

Welcome to Liverpool Darwin, hope you will be very happy at our club and the beautiful city of Liverpool. Hope you and your family will be very happy at LFC. Best of luck in your new chapter of your football career.:heart_eyes::heart::+1:

13 Likes

I have a sneaking suspicion he’s going to be very good for us indeed.

Welcome Darwin!

3 Likes

Total Torres vibes for me, I think he’s gonna be massive for us. Also, I think will help out other forwards a lot by creating space for them.

I also think Diaz will be blossoming after his pre season and with Salah we will have an amazing front three, with Jota and Firmino also in the rotation mix.

Also expect him to make us more tactically flexible, enabling either a 4-3-3 with a Thiago-Fabinho-Hendo midfield, or a 4-2-3-1 with Fabinho-Thiago/Henderson-Thiago/Fabinho-Henderson double pivot, and Firmino (or in time Carvalho) in the off the striker position.

But more than all this, I expect him to provide us with something we’ve been lacking, which is finishing off more of our chances. We always seem to create so much but score less percent than we could. I think with Darwin this will change.

Add in the young right back that will provide options and cover for Trent and a midfielder that will make our midfield durable for the long season ahead, and we’ll be ready to compete.

Welcome to Liverpool Darwin.
Would be awesome to hear Anfield bounce in a Darwin song to this tune:
https://youtu.be/aDaOgu2CQtI

6 Likes

Ok who predicted the 2 Ronnie’s armchair lean?

3 Likes

Jurgen Klopp

I know he will excite our supporters

Brendan Rodgers

The fans are going to love him

1 Like

Klopp: “Darwin, super news. I’m very grateful to everyone at the club for making it happen. We’ve shown decisiveness, ambition”.

“We’ve wonderful attacking options. So there is no pressure on him at all. He signs for a very long time and we intend to nurture his talent”.

3 Likes

paul jackman GIF

This should evolve well :grimacing:

Swipe Up Black Man GIF by Black Prez

Excuse me? One of the greatest soccer players in the world.

2 Likes

Sounds like he’s just a squad option

This Nunez has a lot to live up to

6 Likes