Welcome to Liverpool Ibrahima Konate

I’m getting the feeling Klopp is going to have to refrain from hugging this one for a while. He appears far too excitable atm. What is it with French defenders that come to LFC? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

It’s a big lad, isn’t he? :ok_hand:

2 Likes

LFC have a new supporters club in a quartier of Paris. :joy:

5 Likes

Not the worst neighborhood of Paris, near the Sacré-Cœur.

2 Likes

Is he Parisien then?

Guess he must be from there because it’s an unusual part of Paris to just have a photo at

Yep, born and raised in Paris.

Guess that’s his neighbourhood then.

Yes he grew up in the 11th arrondissement and the Rue Duranti where those photo’s where shot is in that arrondissement.

https://fb.watch/6Daiduzd_E/

Enough of the PR. Time for hard work without distractions.

This guy gives me Mamadou Sakho vibes and I don’t like it.

3 Likes

FFS he’s still on vacation for 3 more days!

I think it’s awesome for a new signing to be so infectiously excited about playing for Liverpool.

13 Likes

I just hope it is excitement and not an attitude of, I’ve made it. This is the beginning of the journey not the destination, lots of hard work to do.

7 Likes

I think the second he signed his contract he should have just stuck his sleeping bag outside Kirkby and waited until the first day of pre-season.

4 Likes

I would have done more if I had signed but I don’t have that many friends :sob:

1 Like

Bodes well on multiple levels :wink:

Bet the local council were thrilled with the group of 100 teenagers rocking the fencing on that footie court :rofl:

It was his familly. :wink:

Edit: It was the revealing of his shirt number video and photoshoot so I guess it was cleared with the local authorities.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Will be interesting how he trains with the rest of the squad. He looks a absolute unit. Van dijk and him lining up next to each other will be physically intimidating to opposing teams.

1 Like

What? He is loving signing for this club, he’s gone all in… I fucking love it.

3 Likes

Dont sell Gomez short. One of my favourite memories of the title winning season was watching Antonio hit the deck with a WTF just happened look on his face after challenging Joe for the ball. This is a player who had previously given our defenders nightmares with the way he bullies them, and with Gomez he came off as second best as if he’d run into a wall.

7 Likes