Welsh Based Reds

Shwmae!

Thought I’d create a thread for Reds based in Wales.

I am a STH based in Ystrad Mynach, South Wales.

I usually drive up but in the past have gone with the West Wales Supporters group which was good fun.

Where is everybody else based?

2 Likes

Slate country. Middle of Eryri

3 Likes

Cardiff here.

2 Likes

Cardiff originally (Costa del Ely :eyes:) over towards mountain ash nowadays, but did live up by penallta just outside ystrad for 10 years, some great views

4 Likes

Well we’re going to Qatar.

Congrats to the lads for doing something that we haven’t done for 50+ years.

Slightly mixed feelings though. Qatar has questions to answer, as do FiFA.

1 Like

Anyone know of any good (fairly easy) walking routes in and around RCT/Caerphilly?

Penallta Park in Penallta

Aberdare Park

Aberdare Country Park (bottom line and top line)

Yeah forgot about penallta , awesome horse, and not to bad for cycling to Nelson and back

The horse as at the top. Pretty hilly up there but there is a cycle path at the bottom that goes over to Nelson and that’s pretty flat.

Anyone know about PSG opening an academy in Caerphilly?:joy:

Was told about it and thought yeah whatever but quick search states it happened

:joy: WTF

1 Like

In fairness Caerphilly has great scenery and it’s closeness to Cardiff is a good bit of business possibly for Cardiff city …let PSG do the funding , scouting and development etc and people of a certain talent PSG either sign or could let Cardiff have them to continue the development etc …expect Kylian Mbapevans soon😬

Yet again the north is ignored :roll_eyes:

Where do they think Neymar-Jones comes from FFS

No wonder there’s so many farms up here. So much untapped talent

Ssshhhhh, we’re saving the best of the Northern talent for Kirkby

Ive not heard anything about PSG moving into South Wales.

I doubt its a good thing for Welsh clubs,for years all our major players have been poached by youth academies across the bridge,the last real big player to come through the ranks at a Welsh team was Aaron Ramsey at Cardiff City,atleast they got £10mill+ from the deal.

If it is true then it could be good for the national squad over time but the club teams will lose out financially.

Cough Joe Allen Cough

When I was a kid, being in the youth ranks of one of the Welsh clubs was seen as a second class thing, as proof you weren’t good enough to be with one of the english clubs. Swansea in particular turned that perception around and made it a desirable option for the local clubs. I still dont know that it’s done much to produce top level players.

1 Like

I forgot about the Welsh Xavi lol 8p but thats still only 2 homegrown players who managed to give their clubs a financial boost.

I blame the clubs as they have a bad rep for keeping local players with big futures within the country.

As far as im concerned,as a club,if your not going down the route of investing in your first team then you have to build a good academy and use youth as your foundation or a major part of it.

All of which none of the big 3 Welsh clubs seem to do,which is sad really.

‘A huge market going untapped’: lack of visitors worries Wales (msn.com)

First touch controls it with his shin… Last touch he does a Rubona :0)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1675582978729099264

Anyone have any ideas on the story of this coin?