What's happening?

Would she resign if there was a petition of 1500 or so voters in her riding? That is about the same percentage.

More of the same buffoonery the Conservatives have been producing, like voting against the Ukraine deal because it ‘would impose a carbon tax on Ukraine’. Makes me absolutely dread the next election, I don’t think I can recall a worse slate of choices. Even the Bloc leader is a twit.

Thanks for the answer.

More likely the have too tight a time per parcel ro stop and read every single note left for them. And that is not including the number of handwritten notes that are ineligible or are simply so poorly wrotten they make no sense

Why don’t people get their parcels delivered to the nearest relay?
Or does everyone whining here live in the middle of the Atlantic ocean?

It is 53 years since I started my first job but today is my last working day… haven’t slept well and it feels a bit surreal now and will take some getting used to. Not quite sure what I will do with all my free time but big trip planned in Jan so probably won’t truly hit me for a while yet…

Stay healthy and live long is the main aim though…

17 Likes

There are so many ways to fill your time. I don’t know how people find time to work. This thread turned into a discussion about retirement….

2 Likes

Enjoy your retirement. :beers:

I’m thinking of going back to work. Since retiring, there’s far too many demands on my time. Unpaid taxi driver, unpaid handyman etc.

4 Likes

I remember that happening to my uncle. Some of it was voluntary work but I remember him saying that he couldn’t remember how he held down a full time job.

1 Like

It’s extended family with me. If they phone or text, it’s never to chat or enquire about my health. It’s a job they want me to do, or to drive them somewhere. I may as well become an Uber driver.

1 Like

That reminds me Woolie, any chance you could pop round and sort out the gutters before Xmas. Best if you bring your own ladder.
Cheers :slight_smile:

That’s just a subset of the problems that come with being paid per parcel.

All the things you couldn’t do when you worked, because you didn’t have time…you can now…and after a while you think…yes I should’ve done it years ago.

1 Like

Yes

I wish you did

1 Like

Good luck Rambler, congratulations on your retirement!

Stay healthy, live long, and enjoy the big trip. A few I know who have retired say keeping the body and mind active is a big key to enjoyment. Some end up going back to work but only part time so it’s on their terms. The thinking is it pays for holidays and a few extras, while also getting them out of the house and engaging in whatever it is they do.

1 Like

This guy says hello… :0)

2 Likes

hope you have the opportunity to enjoy retirement, @Rambler. My dad is 72 and still doing part-time work when he gets a phone call (hauling massive concrete vaults around) as he likes getting out of the house. he’s pretty spry for 72.

3 Likes

Q: What’s happening?

A: Joey Barton is having some sort of breakdown and is sharing every moment on X, bless him.

Enjoy your retirement!

Now, are you ready to move up in life and be a full time poster on this forum?

1 Like