What's happening?

Mate of mine has a replica which is 98% the original. Huge engine and makes the $100 / £50 note challenge.

As for me, have the opportunity to properly push the boat out at work Monday night for a wedding. Spent the last few months building hardware for it. Fingers and toes crossed……

3 Likes

Since England lost yesterday, BUMMER, I’m counting the days until the 21/22 Season starts. Jesus the days here in Eastern Pennsylvania are long and hot! Looks like Covid is rearing its ugly head again in the USA. Oh well, sign of the times. Anyway just hanging in there!

Although I did my A Levels over 25 years ago I note that these days kids can pretty much get any grades they like so I’ve decided that I got 4 A* this year and hope that Cambridge will now accept me this time around.

I’m just about to sort out the kit for Tranmere Rovers Walking Football Club’s WFA National Cup over 50s second round tie versus Everton tomorrow.

Wish us luck.

:+1::nerd_face:

5 Likes

Good job it’s not Wanking Club.

Everton would win that hands down. And up. And down. And up…

3 Likes

Best of luck

No Problem Reaction GIF

1 Like

i got drunk on beer watching the footie,

then decide it would be a good idea to clean the bathroom…

whilst necking red wine

the party never ends…

1 Like

The strangest thing happened yesterday. I was opening my front gates only to find a brand new pair of Dolce & Gabbana trainers neatly placed outside. They had not been thrown as they were perfectly aligned with neatly tied laces. I have looked up the serial number embossed inside on the D&G website and they are calfskin and retail at £465… :flushed:

I live close to a number of footballers and families that are involved in the supply of pharmaceuticals so I can only assume one of them is missing a pair. I take size 12 but these were several sizes smaller :cry: but to be honest they aren’t my style at all. :joy:

3 Likes

I’ve got several projects going at my house right now and last week finally got in a drain guy who could upgrade the drains around my pool. It required me to have 3 ton of loose gravel delivered to my house. My drive way is on a big hill and they had to install the gravel around the side of the house at the top of the hill so I instructed the driver to dump it in the drive way at the top of the hill. Instead he drove his huge truck through my newly relaid grass and dumped it on the grass. I’ve now got 3/4 of the lawn completely torn up with deep trenches from the truck tires, and the area where they dropped the gravel is completely dead with stones compressed into the soil.

I paid the drain guy with a check and then the next day he called me saying the check didnt clear. Apparently the bank flagged it as potential fraud because I don’t pay with checks very often (who does?) and just decided to not process it. They left one automated phone call on my phone with no directions on how to respond to it, so I called my local branch to see if anything was wrong as it felt scammy, and they said all was fine. I then had a workman breathing down my neck to get paid and near enough a full day fucking around with my bank getting conflicting information on whether they check had been cancelled or was just on hold. I swear, if all a foreigner knew about the US was from their experiences at petrol stations or banks they would think this is a third world country.

A week before this, I got an email from the water company saying they had detected high water usage and recommended I call for an audit. I ignored it as these guys do a lot of solicitation. Two days before the drain work started I walked outside and saw water bubbling up from unground right next to where my in ground water meter is. It looked like a cracked water main pipe. I called out the water company and they said it was my responsibility to fix it not theirs. Unfortunately a spot fix wasnt possible because the pipes are the original metal pipes from when the house was build so the entire line had to be relaid and no company was available to do a job of that size immediately. So, I;ve been living this time without running water in the house and having to run out there to turn it on when I needed a shower. Unfortunately, after a few days, the slow bubbling leak turned into a geezer, and so when I turned it back on water erupted out of the ground and was directed right at the after meter. My only option was to turn the water on wearing a swim suit, go in and run an bath, fill all my pots and pans with water then go back outside to turn it off, getting soaked and covered in mud in the process and then go back inside to have the bath. I felt like a poor victorian family, having to leave the muddy bath water in the tub in case I needed it later. I finally got a company over to fix it on Thursday and guess what…another destruction of the new lawn to dig a trench right down the middle of it from the meter to the house.

On top of that, while all this was happening, Apollo had an unplanned surgery to remove a cyst on his chest that had become infected. On his second day I left him alone for an hour and despite wearing his cone of shame and a t shirt to cover the wound, he managed to get at it good enough to tear out all his stitches and completely reopen the wound. I got him to find him covered in blood with a huge open wound on his chest. That was a saturday night so had to find an emergency vet that was open and available to take him into the next morning to get stitched back up.

Today I was supposed to be flying to NYC for a big week of tactical meetings with my team. Most of my team works remotely, so these quarterly meetings are what dictates our work for the next 3-4 months and sets up the more medium term road map. I had to cancel because my dick head dog ripped open his original stitches and now cannot have his new ones out until next week leaving him unable to be boarded at his usual place (or any place really).

[/Pete out]

2 Likes

Never blocked anybody on any forum. However, if this is your dog…….

Was hoping it was merely a co-incidence, he was a great poster too. Woof start to the working week.

In other news, had an absolute blast Sunday morning at Speakers’ Corner. No soap box for me, just heckling the anti-vaxers and the man who called me a sinner. “So you believe that every word of the bible is true do you?” “YES!” he happily retorted. That went well for him :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

My nephew messaged me yesterday, asking if he could “borrow” £40 to buy his “good friend” a birthday gift.
He’s 15, and my intel says his “good friend” is named Chloe.
He asked me not to tell his mother.
Of course I sent the horny little shit the £40, but fuck me, it made me feel old.

4 Likes

That’s so specific :stuck_out_tongue:

Nearly got caught up in this…

As if we can afford to waste diesel?!
At least it’s not petrol, I suppose.
Hope there aren’t any serious injuries.

Got a mad capped idea to start a side hussle selling on amazon.

Anyone else already doing it or thinking about doing it?

Missus opened her new hair salon today.

10 Likes

You really needed a haircut???

Best wishes for her. :clap: :pray:

Thank you. Long overdue in my opinion but our house has a perfect layout for it. Just cost an arm and a leg to refurbish and by the stuff needed but it will be far better in the long run. The appointment book is filling fast.

There seems to be this constant stream of what I can only describe as nutters that are booked up for a coffee and a chat but also leave with a new hairstyle and are slightly more stable outlook for a month or so.

I’m staying well clear.