What's happening?

My wife is a director at her company and has had some very unsavory hires in the last 12 months. Including one particular staff member with very little experience who was hired on a short-term contract who has performed less than favorably. numerous missed days, failed deadlines, etc. contract comes to term, the staff member doesn’t understand why the contract isn’t being renewed and wants to be paid to return the company equipment (was working from home).

unbelievable…

Come to think of it , I do think the said person working from home has had a large part in her getting her family planning perspective out of skew

Porthminster beach, St Ives

5 Likes

39° in Paris yesterday.

I went out to buy a Dr Oetker Giuseppe Quatre Fromage Thin Crust frozen pizza. By the time I got home, it was perfectly cooked and entirely eaten. 100% true.

1 Like

I always pictured Dr Oetker as a Nazi scientist.

Now here is a guy who thinks outside the box eh!

2 Likes

We are one month into the monsoon when it’s supposed to rain heavily and regularly, but not a drop till now.

Why is Ivana Trump’s death worthy of news space? Surely there are other more pressing issues! Ukraine for one. Corona for another.

2 Likes

Near flood conditions in India and it is a slightly late monsoon this time…

Wait for it.

Dare say the death of the ex wife of a ex us president is much more news worthy than the continuing story of Johnny depp and Amber Heard.

Anyway… The time of the year when I watch dragons Den episodes on YouTube.

Like the show. The derivatives of it , not so much.

Neither are news worthy.

I’m pretty certain far more in this country “cared” about the Depp/Heard show.

1 Like

It’s America and their next reality tv show.

They’ll be documentaries made on it too I guess

I got that as a breaking news notification on BBC News. How on earth is it even relevant?

It’s pathetic how the BBC is transforming itself into barely any different from a tabloid.

On the front page of World news after Sri Lanka and Biden in Saudi.

Thanks to her marriage she became a household name across the world as an author, model, fashion designer.

BBC frequently report on the deaths of people I’ve never heard of (eg. people who play minecraft Technoblade: Minecraft YouTuber dies from cancer aged 23 - BBC News or a child of somebody from a show most people don’t watch Towie star Lauren Goodger announces death of newborn baby - BBC News)

I’m no fan of the Trumps, but at least most people will have heard of her.

1 Like

Surprised srilanka made the news.

They had to get bankrupt to do that.

How will they come out of that? I saw an interview on Sky/Beeb (can’t recall) that suggested that there is very little/no political will to climb out of the hole they are in.

I think they will receive a bailout package from IMF/WB, India, China. But will be the strings attached to the bailout fund remains to be seen. It won’t be pretty.