Who would you buy?

So, basically, whatever happens?

Animated GIF

1 Like

Precisely! :see_no_evil::trophy:

More for the youth side (currently and at least initially) but this kid is a LFC fan with a ridiculous scoring rate in youth football;

"Of course I want to play in the best team in the world, my favourite team is Liverpool so."

2 Likes

Sell Shaq, Origi and Taki and bring in a more ‘traditional’ CF which would add something new to our game.

Don’t need a new CM now but with Gini gone, Milner (Hendo and Thiago) aging and one of Ox/Keita injury prone we might need two new CMs next summer.

1 Like

Agreed. A more out and out striker is needed mostly now. Sell Taki, Origi and Shaq and maybe the Ox. Leave us with Salah, Mane , Bobby, Harvey, Jota, New Striker.

1 Like

Well, well, well

grace zabriskie 90s GIF

2 Likes

With all the players we’re linked with or who are being available I’d say the ‚perfect‘ transfer window for me would be adding Saul and Tammy Abraham.

No problem with selling Nat, Shaq, Origi, Taki and Ox to make that happen.

Too costly, I mean the wages.

1 Like

Well, I’ve said we let 5 more players go to bring the two.

Don’t think Saul is asking for astronomical wages and Tammy would be on less.

Don’t want to get to deep into the wages discussion but

• Klopp wanted to keep Gini but not possible because of wages

• contract talks with our captain are on hold because of wages. Shouldn’t even be in the media which is embarrassing.

Don’t want us to become City, Chelsea or ManU but if we don’t adapt a bit and maybe take some risks with wages we might lose some key players (Sadio, Mo) because of PSG or others Clubs with money.

1 Like

Is this actually true? I think it’s bollocks.

I don’t know about his present wages or expectations. But his rumored (not reported, since everything is just assumptions and gossips right now) wages is pretty unnerving.

Not true. It seems the contract length was the main stumbling point.

Media knows shit.

Agree.

He is currently on £205k a week, so even if you match that it puts him in our very top bracket.

From what I understand we tend to offer highly incentivised contracts, based on performances across the season, so would expect a base offer to be lower than the 205kpw, but the overall package to amount to more if all incentives are met.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t dispute that I’m just not sure it fits within what we can afford.

Thiago is on £200k+, Hendo £100k+, Fabinho moving to £150k+

So our first 3 are on top level (or will be moving to) wages within our structure.

I think we’d be looking at someone who comes in under £100k a week and is younger so its a transition player.

Could be wrong, just don’t see us dropping (even incentivised) wages upver £200k on who would be maybe 4th choice.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a fine balance to be struck, especially with so many contracts needing to be renewed in the coming year, that will see a general increase overall in weekly salaries.

Ultimately, if the club (inc Klopp) see Saul as the right player, and he wants to join, it will happen. The contract/weekly wage is just one part of the overall cost that the club will be considering, with things like the transfer fee and the sign on fee (inc agents fee) being the others. The weekly wage can be deflated through other means, and the accountants can make it all work.

In terms of Saul himself, I’m in agreement that he would be surprising given our CM options, and a younger player for the future might be better for the team. However, he would bring significant strength in depth to the squad which is required to challenge on all fronts, so I’ll be more than happy if he joins!

1 Like

We now know this isn’t true, the wages bit, it was because some nasty social media types said Gini wasn’t playing very well! :crazy_face:

Where is our money Paul?

1 Like

We’ve spent it!

ratatouille GIF

4 Likes

What’s with that rat :thinking: