Who would you buy?

I have explained above, it’s not often a youngster is criticised publically after scoring 2 goals. It was a blatant push to get a reaction and the ensueing ‘talk’ with Klopp that is well documented even by yourself. There’s not many youngsters who get to a position of breaking into the 1st team either.

So now your argueing that Klopp did push hime and was right to do so? That’s my position!

It doesn’t matter it was a public statement by Klopp which triggered what happened after, it was a push. It was evident at the time once Klopp said that something would be set in motion, it was said on here in the Brewster and preseason threads.

I spoke with Rhian’s Dad a few months ago and Rhian wanted playing opportunities. There was no feeling whatsoever that the club or manager were forcing him out, quite the opposite.

12 Likes

Frustrated Head GIF

5 Likes

But… but… but… THE CRITICISM!!!

4 Likes

The funny guy’s back!

Imagine Sheffield United breaking their transfer record for a guy with no real senior experience who we were “forcing out” :rofl:

2 Likes

2018/19 was the season he tried to force a move to Monchengladbach.

3 Likes

Wasn’t that Monchengladbach ‘tapping’ up Brewster who signed his 1st pro contract that July?
Still I’m intrigued as he had that injury at the time.

Yeah he had agreed a contract with them and we responded by cancelling a friendly with them because we were unhappy with how they approached him.

1 Like

I feel that Flobs might secretly be my girlfriend given their similar ability to take praise as deply cutting personal criticism.

3 Likes

Was that sarcastic? :astonished:

Tbf, is it really praise if you’re telling her that in and around the box she looks good but elsewhere needs improving? :astonished: :rofl:

2 Likes

I think it’s more a case of

“wow, that was amazing”
“What, so you’re saying my cooking is bad?”

2 Likes

I’m at the stage where my wife thinks me complimenting her is, quote, “creepy” but will then have a go at me for not appreciating her :rofl:

But…she can’t be bought (I’m not suggesting that she’s a chattel!) so not sure why I’m mentioning her here :grimacing:

But presumably in another few years she’ll be out of contract and free to move to another relationship?

6 Likes

I think only if she’s over not over 26.

2 Likes

In most walks of life it’s not what you say, it’s what you do.

Rhian Brewster is a Sheffield Utd player.

Of course Klopp will say his good points and praise a youngster, who also showed good character in taking a stand against racism. There’s a lot to like there. And of course Klopp will give a little comment about the all round game, if he feels it can be improved. Most of the commenting and the work will be done in house, but occasionally a manager might make a public comment.

When someone like Klopp does that, it’s because he thinks it is what is needed at the time, and having watched his man management for some years, I would back his judgment.

Going back to Sakho, he was trying to be the billy big bollocks around the place, and he was doing it under the guise of humor and a pally sense with the lads. It was early Klopp, and he didn’t like what he saw, and presumably decided to put a marker down for the professional standards that would be required for anyone to make it under him at Liverpool. Again, I fully back Klopp’s judgment.

Arguing the toss over Brewster seems silly to me. Good young player, needed a better all round game to make it here, and to find out if he could get there he needed to see more action, so we sold him. We didn’t jettison him in an ugly way, and both parties knew the score. We both thought it was the right next step for the player. As it happens since then, he hasn’t done as well as I thought he would at Sheffield Utd, and he will need to regroup and rebuild if he wants to operate higher up the food chain.

Nothing to see here!

3 Likes

what a load of rot.

you only have to ask yourself one question…in Rhians darkest hours as a pro footballer…whether that be the knee(was it a knee?) damaged or the blank from last season…who here would doubt Klopp wouldnt be spending an hour or two with him speaking of sports physcology…

with the injury he was still our player, so expected…but im really sure that Kloppo would be more than willing to spend time with Rhian.

as for the act of forcing him out…thats proffessional football, no?

‘forcing out’ is just a mechanism of selling someone… i had guests last night(i didnt, we’re in lock down) and at 10:30 i forced them out…LOL

1 Like

Am starting to think it will be keep Taki and Harvey or bring in a new attacker, sell Taki and loan out Harvey. One of the sale of the loan can wait until January.

Saul and Vlahovic.

I’ll keep posting it every week until the window closes. Or until one, both or neither happen.

1 Like