Who would you buy?

Klopp? Matip? Firmino? Krawietz? Kornmeyer? Nemmer?

:grimacing:

4 Likes

I keep forgetting that we brought Bobby from Germany :blush:
Now you know whom I referred to :star_struck:

Not including Karius , I see only Keita who might be coming there , but there’s no disputing Keita’s quality and what he does bring to the team. He just needs a sustained run there

So you expect us to remain with this current number of 8 midfielders? Not sign a CB even next summer and stick with the 3 + Fabinho? I also understand that Milner is a slightly special situation, as he covers a lot of positions for us. Basically two 8 spots and both full back areas. I feel that one of Ox or Keita might leave. I think if a good offers comes in for Ox, we might sell.

It won’t be 3 + Fabinho anymore right. With the number of games that Rhys Williams is playing for us , He’s as good as a 4th choice CB now. You look at a 4th Choice CB to be playing somewhere around 10-12 games a season. He’s played 9 so far.

I still don’t think anyone can guarantee to Rhys Williams that he will be part of 4 first team CB’s next season. Does he have a chance? Sure. He’s got half a season and probably a nice number of games to prove them he can do it. But it’s not the end of the world if it’s still too early for that and there’s another loan somewhere in the near future.

Point is that Gini leaving would still have us be playing with Fab/Hendo/Thiago/Milner/Ox/Keita/Jones in the midfield. Yes, Gini will be missed. But we still have 7 midfielders there. Any one of the other youth members or Grujic(for instance) can be trusted to make the jump up and we still would have enough numbers for a non covid affected season.

So which 4th CB will you sign who’s ready to accept that he won’t be playing much football ? At best , you’d be looking at a Klavan type of signing.

I think the club will be looking at how well VVD recovers from his injury to decide as to whether another top level defender is needed.

@livvy @GermanRed @Neukölln @Werder4life @anon27364116 @Eintrachtfan

Which one has served us well and which haven’t?

5 Likes

I’m definitely overrated

8 Likes

:rofl:

Oh man, you trying to put me in trouble

:crazy_face:

Well, all have done very well with @Livvy probably the pick of the bunch while @Werder4life is somewhat of an enigma.

Karius :woozy_face:
Emre :anguished:
Matip :pleading_face:
Thiago :roll_eyes:
Keita :unamused:

5 Likes

A few players bought directly from German clubs that I can think of who have served us well…

Hyypia, Babbel, Matip, Can, Riedle, Firmino, Klavan…

Players bought from Germany who’ve bombed…

Karius, Dundee, Yesil, Degen

Jury still out: Keita

Too early to say: Thiago

German players who have been a success not bought from a German club…

Hamann, Ziege…?

I really liked Nuri Sahin but Rodgers didn’t use him properly. I seem to remember that drew some mild criticism from Klopp at the time?

6 Likes

Rodgers might have misused him but it’s also true that Sahin was nowhere near as good as advertised. Kagawa, Gundogan and Mhkitaryan never replicated their Bundesliga form in England either.

Also Sami was signed from Willem, a dutch side!

5 Likes

Degen had a great performance as right midfielder when we beat Spurs 2-0 at Anfield. Kuyt scored twice. We were deep in the dark days and that counts as a success for that time!

2 Likes

Sami came from Dutch football; we bought him from Willem II.

I see @ILLOK has already pointed that out. :+1:

4 Likes

You’re right, of course, when I was trying to think of players linked to German clubs I thought Sami and Leverkusen, but they were who he played for afterwards, right? D’oh.

I love it when I get something wrong, instant orgy :rofl:

3 Likes

Well you have a happy memory. All I can remember is the time he sent-off minutes after coming in as sub. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Consider yourself lucky I don’t bother pointing out all your spelling errors and grammatical mistakes. :smirk:

And that is not an invitation for you to trawl through all my posts to find some typo or autocorrect which I have failed to spot, which I know is what you will do.

5 Likes

Damn missed another orgy

4 Likes