Who would you buy?

Oh, how Rice has proven me wrong. I once thought he would have been a decent midfielder but a fantastic centre back! He’s so consistent and self-confident, he’s improved in every aspect of his position and I genuinely can’t remember seeing him have an average match in the last few years. I’d love him here as Fabinho’s replacement, I think he’d suit us perfectly, but I understand that one of Manc clubs or Chelsea will likely buy him because of his astronomical fee.

1 Like

So hypothetically if you could only bring in three outfield players would you prefer three midfielders or two midfielders and a centre back?

Two midfielders and a central defender.

Assuming the level of player between both choices is all similar.

Still early, but looking at the teams that will be relegated, there will be interesting players, available for cut price.

To my mind, five teams are part of this group - Forest, Leeds, Leicester, Southampton, Everton.

Southampton look destined for the Championship. There are at least 3 players that deserve a mention - Bella-Kotchap /20 years old/, solid young German defender. He looked promising at Bochum, but has developed pretty well. Could be a very good option, if Klopp decides to sell Matip. Lavia /19 years old/ is a good option for the position of defensive midfielder. Physical strength, smart player, good passer, calm with the ball at his feet. Carlos Alcaraz /20 years old/, a very interestin option in midfield. Pressing monster, good shooter, very dynamic player. He is in his first 3 months in England and already looks adapted, will only get better, if he can stay fit.

Everton, looking at their program and the way the play, things don’t look rosy for our blue neighbours. Honestly, I am not impressed by this Everton team. Only Onana looks like a solid player, but I am not convinced that he has a high ceiling. Patterson looks like an interesting prospect, but he is not playing much football.

The third relegated team, in my opinion, will be Leeds. Sinisterra /23 years old/, Summerville /21 years/ and Gnonto /19 years/ are young, fast wingers. Great dribblers, someone of them could be a very good option to be Salah’s heir and his understudy. And I still think they will be relatively cheap, if Leeds get relegated.

Leicester /still think they will be safe/ - Maddison is the obvious option, but he will be expensive /transfer price and wages/ and I think that he is similar player to Harvey Elliott and I can’t see him starting neither in midfield for us /Klopp prefers different type of players in midfield/, nor on the wing. Barnes is an interesting player, but he is not young any more and is very incosistent. Ndidi was a monster for a very long period, but last two seasons his form dipped massively.

Forrest - thin they will be save, because they have plenty of experienced and quality players - Navas /Real Madrid/, Lodi, Felipe /both from Ateltico Madrid/, Aurrier /Villareal, PSG/, Lingard, Kouyate.

Danilo /20 years old/ and Gibbs-White /23 years/ are the most impressive players, in my opinion. Especially Danilo who is a typical central midfeidler - strong, smart and with physical presence. He is the only player /till now/ who limited Trent in his new role.

If I have to choose thre players from all above - Bella-Kotchap, Carlos Alcaraz and Summerville will be my choice.

1 Like

There were reports a while back that we were interested in Brennan Johnson. He hasnt exactly lit it up this year, but you can see flashes of a player who might be able to make a step up.

Bella-Kotchap and Lavia though are the stand outs in those teams.

1 Like

You missed Leeds best player Tyler Adams

4 Likes

I also think Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall is worth a shout. Maybe not at the top of the table, but he’s really good on the counter and on the transition from defense to offense. He’d make a few teams’ midfields better.

Out of the two options, I’d pick 2 midfielders and 1 CB.

Because it’s more the quality rather than necessarily signing 3 midfielders by default. If we get 2 more or less on point, that should be enough.

Then, we can also help our situation at CB. I know there’s a possibility that Matip stays and we don’t sign a CB this summer, but I don’t want that to happen.

I also don’t think we’re signing a CB and Matip stays. We’re not signing a CB if we don’t sell Matip (bad luck can always happen, like a big injury).

5 Likes

He’s had a couple of games against us in which he was a massive pain in the arse. I have no idea how good he’s been outside of those games, but in those he has been one of the two of three best players on the pitch

2 Likes

I’m all in favour of buying players who sound like national trust properties.
We could open a tea room and gift shop in their vicinity.

2 Likes

Bella-Kotchap and Lavia have been mentioned a few times but Gnonto would be an interesting pick for the right team. Some people in Italy are furious that he was allowed to leave the league because they rate him highly.

I doubt we’ll be looking at a young winger for now because of Doak and Gordon but he should be watched.

1 Like

Might be worth taking a closer look before coming to a yes/no decision

[image]

Amadou Onana

Football player

Description

Amadou Ba Zeund Georges Mvom Onana is a professional footballer who plays as a defensive midfielder for Premier League club Everton. Born in Senegal, he plays for the Belgium national team. Wikipedia

Born: 16 August 2001 (age 21 years), Dakar, Senegal

Height: 1.92 m

Dates joined: 2022 (Everton F.C.), 2021 (LOSC Lille)

Current teams: Everton F.C. (#8 / Midfielder), Belgium national football team (#18 / Midfielder)

Nationality: Belgian, Senegalese

Weight: 76 kg

Everton go down and we nab Onana? The fume!

1 Like

Onanismic!

Ugarte (DM, CM)

Gravenberch (CM, DM)

Mount (AM, CM)

Doubt we will bring in three midfielders but those three seem to be the most likely atm.

1 Like

Have there been any solid links with Ugarte?

I get solid when I see a link

2 Likes

Bruno Andrade, Portuguese journalist.

Gary off YouTube

Me nan

1 Like