Who would you buy?

Any guess on the likely price? Prem proven, good size and speed.

Also, would Fulham maybe be interested in getting Carvalho back? It might help this deal, especially if Carvalho isn’t playing much on loan.

Mentioned him around this time last season, but most of us agreed on being unsure if he’s the right type of quality for us. He’s free next summer. Maybe that’s why he’s been out of the side.

He’s had surgery which has kept him out most of the season - apparently he’s been fantastic in their last two matches - his first starts of the season.

I haven’t seen a price attached to him yet - Spurs and Monaco wanted him in the summer so there would be competition. As @Zoran mentioned his contract is up soon and it’s reported his hesitating on signing a new deal.

1 Like

What’s priority for January?

• a CB because of Matips injury?

• a DM because it’s not ‘Alexis’ best position’ and Endo will be at the Asia Games

• a right sided attacker because Salah will be at the Africa Cup and might be gone in the summer anyway?

am thinking about a RB, Trent to move to a #6 while Endo is away.

kills two birds, we don’t have coverage for that position other than Gomez who can share CB coverage with Quansah.

with Doak now injured, looking likely we’ll have Nunez out on that side and Gakpo through the middle.

1 Like

Bradley?

Obviously I love the kid but he hasn’t earned the right to that role yet. Gomez is the clear RB if its not Trent. Conor has to impress when he plays - was very up and down against USG.

2 Likes

pass. Saw him in the Europa game last week. took a yellow in the first 5min and his own team would barely give him the ball. needs a few more years before he’s ready to pickup the torch. rather see Joe there, but think we need another option if it looks like Trent is going to make that transition.

I’m not making the case for him as a starter. I’m pointing out that in the very limited situation of “while Endo is away” then he’s a decent backup to Gomez.

1 Like

That’s fair - maybe if he gets 5 starts he could show if he’s worth starting next season as a primary backup right back.

Klopp does appear to be getting more comfortable with the idea of Trent playing centrally, not inverting. It solves the issue of losing Mac Allister’s control. Endo is a diligent, hard working player but he really doesn’t have the technical quality to play that role.

1 Like

Frimpong, Bakayoko, Wirtz.

Frimpong gets Trent in the midfield and the other two help to future proof the forward line, as I expect one or two changes there e.g. when Mo goes, and possibly also Diaz might have eyes for sunnier climes.

The first change I would make would be in January, when we should sign the best central defender we have been tracking, as a Matip replacement. Ideally they are of the requisite quality to stake a claim in the side for the long haul, not just as a back up.

2 Likes

This guy…
https://twitter.com/premierleague/status/1737445945292292556

He’s incredible, but isn’t he set to be banned Toney style? Likely the only reason top clubs haven’t been in for him already.

Blockquote

Absolutely. Great idea.

For CB we seem to want Hincapie. I have never seen him play? Fast? Skilful? Good passer?

There was talk about it but haven’t seen anything about it again recently.

1 Like

I am still sure Hincapie rumour is a lazy one.

Re: Frimpong…

We are aware that he plays RWB and very, very offensive (average position basically RW) at Leverkusen, right?

Same reason PSV sold Gakpo to us in Jan, same reason Porto sold Diaz to us in Jan. They were both involved in title races too.

:moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:

Going to reach the League Cup final without Salah and Endo.

Might beat Arsenal in the FA Cup and could hope for an easy opponent in the fourth round.

But even without new injuries in the next two months (highly unlikely) it would be very naive to think that we will be able to cope in all those PL games without adding at least one player in January.

2 Likes