Who would you buy?

What kind of people are you friends with???

I believe he posted the picture himself, rather than being recognised.

1 Like

It’s mostly her adverts. I think I’ve blocked her at least 3 times. Like a bloody whackamole.

I know we might be looking for a right winger but I’d be hoping for someone with a little more intelligence and a better record than this.

She’s good at running… her mouth off.

Global Soccer Transfer News Live on Facebook:

A Feyenoord player was spotted at the London Stadium to watch Liverpool’s draw with West Ham ahead of Arne Slot’s appointment. Versatile defender Lutsharel Geertruida was in attendance as seen on his Snapchat post.

Im going really struggle with that name.

1 Like

Gertrude innit?!

1 Like

His own snapchat seems a fair source!

Hes more of a RB than a CB by the looks of it, based on where he has played for Feyenoord.

Maybe Trent would move to midfield then.

If Slot tries to implement the 4-2-3-1 that he has used in Holland, then I wonder who the two first choice midfielders would be. Would the club buy someone or would he be told to make do with the stack of midfielders already at his disposal?

After all, it does seem that Slot will not be the one who is making decisions about who gets bought or sold.

Perfect for us… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I hope we don’t become another mediocre ‘Dutch’ team.

He will be inputting into that decision making process, it’s unlikely a player will be sold without his consent. We will probably see Slot and the recruitment team evaluate the squad, plan for the next 3 to 5 years and then prioritise what is needed and when.

I was just quoting to clear up confusion caused by Red Whippet.
No idea about the bloke at all.

1 Like

Slot isn’t fixed on the 4-2-3-1, they’ve also played 4-3-3 a lot from what I saw, looking at many Feyenoord average positions. A lot of the time the formations on different live score apps aren’t accurate. They can be 4-2-3-1 on paper and then you see something totally different on average positions.

We’ll see how it’ll be here, but we’re obviously not going from 4 at the back to 3 at the back. Toying with the midfield structure a bit more than Klopp (lost count over the years how many times fans called for or predicted a general change to 4-2-3-1) is fair enough, as long as it provides performance and results. Slot also showed he changes the zones of his full backs.

With Liverpool having the ability to keep a team together much more than Feyenoord, perhaps there will be less switching.

Like always in modern times, the trend in football is to get central domination. We’ve gone from midfields of 3 in different structures to having an extra offensive player creating situations with 4, defenders coming in to create 4 or 5.

At Feyenoord, it perhaps depended whether they have Kokcu, Szymanski or Stengs. Here, we have the ability to keep someone like Szoboszlai for a longer time.

3 Likes

I like Nico Williams, to help future proof us after Mo leaves, whether this summer or next. If not Williams, someone of that type.

Romano:

Liverpool have already started looking at centre backs for the summer transfer window as one of the priority positions to cover. Internal talks are taking place about options and list to be discussed with Arne Slot in the next weeks.

All expected.

2 Likes

On Geertruida, I’ve never seen him play and have no idea if he’s any good, but the last couple of seasons I’ve been absolutely desperate for a defender who can play both right back and left back. Having Kostas as a back up player who can only do one role has drove me crazy. At points this season, when we had like a dozen injuries and were playing kids every week, he still wasn’t able to contribute.

This season a second Gomez would have been so useful. When we were having to play Bradley every game, despite being a kid. When we had no option to rotate at centre back cos Konate was injured and Gomez was left back. When Gomez was playing every single game in whatever position was needed despite his checkered injury record. Another fella who could have stepped in on either side would have been so useful.

But obviously only if he’s good and the emergence of Bradley has somewhat dampened the need for a second choice right back who isn’t called Joe Gomez. Unless of course Trent never plays there again.

Tsimikas contributed nicely, catching rhythm for a few games and then hitting nice form before he got injured. Not every player is highly flexible, especially a bloody defender who is left footed. When we don’t have a natural backup for Robbo, we moan. When we have a natural backup for Robbo and others who can cover in emergency, we moan again.

Do you know what drives me crazy even more? Seeing someone like Shaqiri coming from a relegated Stoke to a highly competitive Liverpool and able to cover hardly more than one position or side of the pitch. “I’m coming to be Mo’s backup, knowing I’m not gonna play much, and for the rest if I’m needed, like perhaps on the left side… well, I don’t really do it because I can’t express my delightful left foot”. But it didn’t block him from sending in a perfect cross for Gini’s goal against Barca, to the probable surprise of the player himself.

Some of these attacking players who naturally have more ability and freedom to be used in other positions.

Gomez was useful to a certain extent this season, but it’s also not about just covering and having more positions in our arsenal, but what type of player we have covering. Going from Robbo to Gomez at LB isn’t the same.

Could we do with a left footed defender who can do a job both at CB and LB? Yeah, we didn’t have many if any of those over the years. I remember Rafa trying to get Heinze to do exactly that, Ferguson blocking us.

Last summer, reports said that we were looking for that type of player. Since then, Tsimikas has signed a new contract last autumn (which doesn’t necessarily mean he can’t be sold). Perhaps we will get a left footed CB, but then Virgil is still there starting regularly and playing at a high level. Better than Konate that’s for sure.

So it depends what we want to do and the timing of getting certain players.

1 Like

I’m not sure you can count that as me moaning, in my defence. :smiley:

I think Kostas got up to speed in time to play well in a 2/3 games before his injury, sure. And it’s not really a criticism of him specifically. But he’s finishing the season third choice left back and can’t play in any other position at all. Even in important games where half a dozen teenagers played minutes he stayed on the bench. Whereas if he’d have been someone who could step into centre half or (even better in my opinion) right back he’d have been an asset this season and I think that sort of player would be much more useful for this squad.

Hence why I like the idea of the lad from Feyenoord, provided he’s actually any good.