20 Points in 24 Days, the TAN Fitness Drive to No. 20

Missed this sorry. Having a horror week and not sure how I’ll get on with this but anything to get me going in the right direction.

Weighed myself this morning 13st 4lbs. That’s my starting point.

1 Like

@Sithbare @Klopptimist Went ahead and created a spreadsheet with fancy calculations and easy data entry.

Everyone can enter data on the same calc.

:warning: Please note if you go to that spreadsheet with a logged in Google account, it will appear as online as long as you keep it open. If you care about staying anonymous, use an “Incognito window” or “Private window” to access it. :warning:

Instructions (gif below):

• Click on TAN Fitness Drive To № 20 - Google Tabellen
  • Duplicate the main sheet (Click on the small triangle on the bottom)
  • Rename the sheet to your name by doubleckicking on the tab title. (the name in the sheet itself will update automagically when you change something on the spreadsheet)
  • Do stuff and enter everyday!

Feedback welcome. :slight_smile:

example-sheet

2 Likes

Can’t access from here (need my home PC) but thanks in advance!

Let me check now.

Looks okay but I only did a half hour run today.

A lot of people find only half an hour time for excercise. So maybe even that should be included.

Yeah, let’s have half a point for half an hour’s excercise.

Ideally a 20 min run a day is a standard running recommendation. The ceiling should be low enough to enable more participants imo.

Maybe a 20 point per day target (with different weightage) and even negative points for cheat days etc… But that’s the IT product manager talking here…

Ideally can be made into a community engaged community driven fitness app

I would ideally figure out an API to google fit to call calories consumed for different excercises if I was an app designer making this. But like I said , geek mode engaged.

Calorie count is a step too far, if we want to keep this simple and accessible. :smiley:

I have changes to 1/2 point point per 30min, can change to 1/2 point per 20 minutes, if @Klopptimist agree.

1 Like

Let’s get the points! Yes.

I’ll try and work out a basic point scoring algorithm for next month for a daily target of 20 thing…

We can implement that if there are enough takers.

Ok, I think we’re good to go then.

Now I have to translate roller skating into steps. :smiley:

Can you also look at paddle boarding? Not sure how you can account for weather on that one.

1 Like

Let’s have a look at that for the next iteration… It’s relatively easy for people to calculate via Google fit or any other fitness apps (healthify me) to give how much of calories are burnt for half an hour of this excercise…

Either way… This current spreadsheet is a very good thing

My Garmin records calories.

I wholly disagree with it and regularly eat what I feel is the “correct” compensating amount to reach a balance.

That’s my excuse anyway.

Added a distance factor to my sheet as the previous one wasn’t recording it. Will delete it if it’s redundant @mackie

This is based on @Klopptimist list, so as long as he’s fine with adding stuff, we can add it to the template.

I saw you modified the duration of exercise because I made a poor implementation, because you need to enter point and not the duration, EDIT: I made a fix.

1 Like

13st 2lbs this morning, so that’s 2lbs down. I dont know how that happened so I’m suspicious of it. Dodgy scales, water issues thanks to my kidney problems. Probably be +4lbs tomorrow.

Sadly no exercise go speak of. Hip is back on the problem list and I’ve been busy fixing cars every evening this week. It’ll keep me busy today as well.

Didn’t want to make the fix on the formula so stuck to adding on the list of items.

We will get to where we want eventually.

I have no idea what it means in kg’s. (I.e what the sane people use)

But it’s normal for atleast 0.5 to 1.5% of your body weight to be fluctuating depending on water loss etc etc