2021 Happy New Year - Fuck you 2020

This year was the year of

Covid-19
Brexit
Police abuse- Racial conflicts
Trump indictment
Wild Fires in Australia, California, and South America
Hong Kong

Even one of our best ever seasons got tainted by uncertainty, Covid, and having no fans.

So I would like to wish everyone on TAN a happy New Year. Fingers crossed this will be a better one!

24 Likes

I like the gif! :laughing:

A happy new year to everyone, have a great one! :+1:t2:

(and yeah, fuck off 2020…)

9 Likes

The only good thing of 2020 was us winning the league as everybody here would agree, can’t wait to get in 2021.

A happy new year to everyone, have a good one!

9 Likes

We’ve just today gone into Tier 3. The NYE surprise that Mrs CDO had planned for me has gone out of the window. We were supposed to see 2021 in with a view of the Mersey and the accompanying fireworks at Midnight tomorrow.

I’m quite happy to spend the last moments of this exceptional year sat here at home with hope in my heart. Let’s believe that we can harness the spirit of past Reds and get back to back titles.

13 Likes

I was just going to say “Fuck you to” then I realised it wasn’t a PM to me.

Happy New Year to One and All

10 Likes

Some personal reflections:

The year 2020 is a strange one.

As we approach 2021 in a couple of days, I would look back to this year with bittersweet feelings but above all, thankful.

From travelling 2 weeks every month in the last 4 years, to not travelling for the last 1 year. Not only that, I lost my job. I was retrenched in possibly the worst of times. And being told you are not needed anymore is never a nice feeling. Hearing stories of people not having find jobs for months or hearing how bitter people can become towards everything, became angry or disillusioned.

But I chose to reject those feelings.

Because feelings, while real, do not last. The truth does.

The truth is, I am still alive. The truth is, I lost 46KG during this period. The truth is, I have stopped all my medication due to my health improvements. The truth is, me and my family are healthy and safe. The truth is, I am way better off than many. The truth is, I managed to buy my first humble property in the midst of this pandemic and my retrenchment. The truth is, God loves me.

I am human and I accept that I might have roller coaster feelings as I wait upon God for a better job to come along. But what I want to accept more is that despite my imperfections, God has a plan for me and that plan is always to prosper me.

So yes I don’t know about tomorrow but I know who holds my hands.

I am ready for you, 2021.

14 Likes

Last time I said “fuck you” to a year, 2020 happened.

6 Likes

16 Likes

Happy New Year to everyone, let’s get it out of the way, and start afresh. Didn’t get my pressie yesterday(3points), think Hendo needs a ‘team’ meeting anyway…HAPPY NEW YEAR to the TAN family.

8 Likes

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL.

Life is never easy at the best of times, but this year of Covid has been a real downer for an awful lot of people. Lets hope next year will be a lot better for us all.
It has been a privilege to participate upon this thread. Lets keep up the good work guys.

7 Likes

It’s been a mad year for sure, given all the madness listed by @ISMF1, and many other things that happened.

We finally won the PL, in some style, and we are going to be top going into 2021, so from a footballing perspective, it’s been a good year.

From a personal perspective, my wife and I finally moved into our first house in August (on my bday, in 34deg heat!), after spending 16 months gutting and renovating. We spent pretty much every evening at the house doing work, whilst living with the in-laws, with lots of blood, sweat, and tears (that wife’s bit - i did most of the sweating and bleeding), and still have plenty to go.

At the start of 2020 I’d have taken the two together no problem. It was just heavily punctuated by a loss of our social lives, and a complete change of how we work and go about our daily lives. The lockdowns weren’t too bad as the house provided a massive distraction.

I’ve only seen my parents and brother once, not seen my close friends for over a year now, been mentally fatigued by Covid, Brexit, and what seems to be an ever growing divide between people in society, but also a coming together. But as @gasband put so well, the truth is we are alive, healthy and being as safe as possible.

A lot of uncertainty going in to 2021, but some personal targets (not resolutions, just life moving forward) including progressing the renovations in our home and getting a rescue dog. Hopefully a holiday and another PL title.

See ya 2020, see what comes in 2021. Happy new year TAN fam.

14 Likes

Liverpool fans will remember 2020 for winning the title after 30 yrs and being champions of everything. Covid 19 , Trump and all the things ISMF mentioned in the thread starter were just complete disaster and hopefully in 2021 things will change drastically and the world :earth_africa: can get back to normal. Wishing you all a happy new year around the world.
Ps. Fsg give Klopp enough money to bring in a top CB in January.

7 Likes

We could all donate a £1 and possibly buy 2, and can these CB ‘want’ to play for us

5 Likes

Happy New Year to you all.
Stay safe :pray:

Y.N.W.A

9 Likes

Happy new year to everyone, stay safe and take care! :heart:

10 Likes

All the best to you in the coming year, friends.

May my cooking ever reach the exalted levels of @Alright_Now :wink:

6 Likes

For me, 2020 was an extension of 2018 and 2019. I have had a difficult stretch personally. I have had worries, sleepless nights, frightening unknowns, and my share of tears. I have come to accept that suffering is part of things. That acceptance does not mean I have mastered suffering. I still toss and turn. But I have found strength and love in the courage, hopes, deeds, dignity, and smiles of the far braver people around me—younger and older. And I hope that people can see through the darkness of 2020 and in this new year similarly find happiness and fortitude and share it—it’s there if we all look hard enough and it must be shared.

Happy New Year to all of you. Thank you for being part of my life. You probably don’t realize it, but you’ve all been lovely.

YNWA

19 Likes

Hmmmmm. I’m clearly not doing my job properly, then.

4 Likes

Lets hope for another shite year with us winning the title, Happy New Year.

17 Likes

One of the poets, whose name I cannot recall, has a passage, which I am unable at the moment to remember, in one of his works, which for the time being has slipped my mind, which hits off admirably what to say regarding the new year.

So, on that note, Boudica and I would like to wish everyone on TAN the very best, and a happy and prosperous New Year!

We are all stories in the end – let’s make ours a good one.

12 Likes