2023 Cricket World Cup

Siraj has 3 wickets without conceding a run. What witchcraft is he practicing?

He’s not even their best bowler.

The stat boosting against Lanka act.

He’s done the same in the Asia Cup final a while back.

Hocus Pocus Halloween GIF by Walt Disney Studios

India isnt that good as what srilanka are making them look like.

Batting second in wankhade is dicey for the first 10 overs and srilanka kept india to bat first

Just how crap are England that they managed to lose to Sri Lanka?

They’ll be nervous about facing the Netherlands.

The title of this thread is way too hubristic. If we’re not careful David Warner et al., will steal the cup. Pls change it!

1 Like

Lanka’s got recent precedence of crumbling against India.

Wouldn’t write too much into this result as such for the entire tournament and for other teams.

Was still great bowling though by the Indian Pacers but they’re pretty good when there’s some assistance in the wicket.

The thing with India is that they are peaking too early whereas Australia seem to be peaking at the right time.

All you’re doing is trying to find reasons to mitigate your disappointment if India don’t win it.

They’re the best team in the tournament and if they don’t win it, it’ll be because they have an off day or someone else puts in the performance of their life. That’s what sometimes happens in sport.

2 Likes

I used to temper my expectations when it came to Liverpool. It helped me get over the CL loss in '07 and the league loss in '08 but I regretted it. Since Klopp took over I’m all in. Sure, the losses are more disappointing but the success is more enjoyable when you’re not trying to dull the experience by being gloomy all the time. I save that for everything outside of sports. :wink:

1 Like

I’m similar but I dunno if it’s all in with the koolade or just older and (a bit) more perspective…

So the Afghanis are going to beat Hollandland. Do we think they will edge out NZ?

I’m picking India v NZ and SA v Aus with an India vs Aus final and an Aus win

Will be good if they somehow get into the top 4.

If NZ do miss out , it will be mostly Pakistan who get in.

But as long as NZ beats SL , they’ll be in the semis.

Yeah looked at the fixtures and revised my post…

Looks that way as of the moment. Atleast the semifinal lineup.

Why will Aus beat SA?

Maybe their tendency to choke when it comes to knockouts.

This is as good a time as any for SA to rid themselves of that tag though.

They’ve got a very good team who do especially well if they win the toss and bat first

It will be a very close match in my opinion.
A very rare occasion for me to support SA.

Always had a soft spot for the SA team ever since they were hard done by at the 92 WC. That and then the 99 match vs Australia