AFCON and Football in Africa

Sunday is our last match for a while. The next one is against Cardiff where probably non of our African lads will play, the match after that is against Leicester on February the 10th. Everybody should be available since the final is on the 6th.

4 Likes

I think Guinea and Gambia are fairly matched but Guinea will be missing Naby due to suspension. Even if they manage to progress to QF, I don’t expect them to beat host Cameroon.

I think both Ivory Coast and Morocco are better than Egypt.

On paper very easy draws for Senegal at both R16 and QF and I really fancy them to win the Cup.

Think we are getting Naby and Salah back by end of January.

4 Likes

Yep - but better if they’re back sooner to rest up.

5 Likes

Comoros have no keepers for their QF game against Cameroon. Two are out with covid and their only other keeper got injured in their last game. They are still being made to go ahead with the game and are not being allowed to bring in additional players for even this exceptional a circumstance so have had to test their remaining players in practice to see which is the best keeper.

Total farce.

2 Likes

Burkina Faso won the penalty shoot out against Gabun to reach the quarter finals.

1 Like

Iwobi subbed on and gets a red after 7mins :man_facepalming:

Nigeria (I think they only team to win all group games) crashed out against Tunesia (finished their group on 3rd place).

Keïta and friends play Gambia tomorrow at 4.

Live on Sky Sports Main Event and Football.

3 Likes

Where is Keita?

Not in the XI, not on the bench.

Please, not another injury. :man_facepalming:t2:

Is that not him in goal??

HAHAHA

But srsly…I logged on to ask this exact question!

1 Like

PHEW!!!

He’s suspended!

lol

2 Likes

:rofl:

Sounds like a TV show aimed at pre-school kids.

3 Likes

How the hell was that not a penalty to Gambia?

Got this on whilst finishing up for the day.

Fuck I love international football being played in the sunshine, especially those matches as the sun is going down.

It just has something about it.

3 Likes

AFCON is not too far from that.

:joy:

Cheeky!!!

1 Like

I just love playing in the sunshine. with the transitions many pitches have made (city-run) to new turf fields, us old boys end up playing a lot of Friday night and Saturday evening games which i detest.

I miss playing Sunday morning footy at 10am and having a BBQ afterwards.

Horrible referee from Egypt

HT 0-0

Naby still managed to injure himself from the stands.

:wink:

been watching this Gambia game in the background. very open, many missed opportunities.