AFCON and Football in Africa

That reminds me of a cartoon I saw following Germanyā€™s WC 2018 exist. A fan cuts up the flag, rearranges it and supports Belgium.

1 Like

Nsue is at it again.

The guy who assisted did incredibly well, just ran past about 4 Ivory Coast players before picking him out.

Itā€™s difficult to mark him when you donā€™t think heā€™s and issue.

1 Like

Wow, what a free kick. 2-0 Equa Guinea.

Ivory Coast have had 2 goals ruled out for offsides, time taken to come to both - 74 seconds.

In the Prem theyā€™d still have been checking the first one.

3-0

What a calamity at the back. The hosts embarrassing themselves now. Concede about 20 seconds after kick off :rofl:

For all the hate AFCON and international football gets, I see itā€™s pretty well watched here.

:joy:

1 Like

Expecting Egypt to win tonight but doesnā€™t look like finishing 3rd with 3 points (draw tonight + no draw in Ghana v Mozambik) will qualify them for the K.O. stage.

I love it. Only Internationals Iā€™ll never understand are meaningless friendliesā€¦plus as long as our players all come back healthy, donā€™t see what there is to complain too much about.

None of us would hate it if our player wasnā€™t involved. Itā€™s purely out of concern for the well being of our lads.

This solo commentator in the Egypt game is fucking hilarious. Dude sounds like heā€™s falling off his chair every 10 seconds.

Oh deaaaaar I fucking love VAR hahahaha.

Fair play, I agree give that decision. Beautiful finish.

Fucking drama like you wouldnā€™t believe it.

Even with the help of Cape Verdeā€™s 2nd string, Ghana fuck it up by conceding 2 goals in stoppage time.

So is Egypt out of it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67977898

Ah, god damnit.

1 Like

Just looking 3rd in group C/D looks awkward in the quarters

Euro qualifier mismatches are just as boring and shite where strikers can pad the stats.

3 Likes

I heard Lineker a while back rueing the fact that he didnā€™t have too many chances to bolster his stats against the likes of Vatican City and Narnia.

2 Likes

It is hard to compare, bit like test cricket.

There has to be a format that works, the nations league to me would be sensible solution I feel with those who top the groups having a playoff chance. Give more chance of qualifying than it does now.

1 Like

Ghana conceded two goals in the added time :laughing: