Al-Sandcastle - the sportswashing barcodes

Joelinton was an easy red. Yellow would have been a let-off. He got nothing?

I thought it was handball for the Bournemouth goal at first sight. Then all the replays made me second guess it a bit, but overall, still handball. The diameter of the ball goes from elbow to shoulder. If you play it with your shoulder it is a different motion. This one looked like it was mostly off his upper arm, so handball.

1 Like

He got a yellow for that. Ref saw it as a tactical foul. Was basically the last kick of the match.

2 Likes

Defo not enough time for it to have affected the outcome of the match, but just had to be a red.

5 Likes

A direct red (for dangerous play) would have seen him get suspended for the next game. That would affect Newcastle’s season.

3 Likes

It should have been red for violent conduct and three game ban.

6 Likes

I am surprised that one of his defenders did not go after Joelinton, speaking of violent conduct.

1 Like

I was too, but guess discretion got the better. No sense getting yourself a red, but said to my wife when that happened, “If I were their defender, I’d be having a go.”

1 Like

Yeah, in my league that would probably be a fight. Red card and multi-game suspension, and we pass the hat to pay the fine.

3 Likes

Agreed - I was thinking specifically about the game result, but Joelinton 100% deserved a suspension for that bs. And really it says something unflattering about Bournemouth that no one really stepped up to protect their keeper in that moment.

1 Like