Alex OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN: 2020/21

Don’t look at him, he might get injured. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes
8 Likes

Does anyone go through the training photos and tick off the players.

I can’t see anyone missing bar the goalies but not one of them is featured.

1 Like
6 Likes

Can we lock this thread for few days??? Too many posts may injure the poor sod again :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

My reaction on reading that is similar as that of Bale in the below video…

Is that a fake beard on what’s his face? He looks like Worzel Gummidge!

Thought it would do to take this to the correct thread. Yes on hindsight that comment is a bit slapdash, but I dont feel ashamed and you shouldn’t be trying to invoke shame for a difference of opinion.

I suppose I should have said he advances his standing in the pecking order by what he contributes in the dressing room in terms of morale and camaraderie. Still, the lad cant get to training on time and thats just basic. Im entitled to write him off, but that is because of his injury record, now with a multitude of serious knee tears, he is simply one more away from his pension. If I had any belief in him staying fit my opinion would change.

1 Like

It’s kinda unfortunate for him because in the the last pre-Covid match against Atletico he was one of our best players even though we lost thanks to Adrian.

This lad has clocked around 4500 minutes since signing for Liverpool in August 2017.
2017/18: 2,048
2018/19: 19
2019/20: 2,225
2020/21: 162 (with half the season gone)

By comparison Salah, signed in the same window, has played nearly 15,000 minutes.

Year of the Ox, hum…

1 Like

Is that a different way of saying to do fuck all?

Should get rid.

Sell, just sell him right away.

When he comes on recently he turns into the invisible man effing useless.

2 Likes

I feel, his career will be very similar to that of Theo Walcott. Sooner we can launch him to that trajectory, the better.

I didn’t know Theo is currently at Southampton. BTW, Everton paid €22.50m for him :flushed:! In 2018! :joy:

Must we always have a whipping boy?

Ox needs a few games to get back up to speed. His luck with injuries has been shit, but his biggest problem now is that he can’t get games because we can’t give him space to have a couple of ropey ones.

4 Likes

Are you sure it’s just a couple of ropey ones? He hasn’t really reached those performances from his first season with us. This might just be him now.

2 Likes

Since his first injury, we’ve just not been able to give him the run of games to find his way back, because we’ve been trying to get 100 points, or where we are now, ravaged by injuries and a playing a scratch midfield that can’t carry him for a few games.

1 Like

I would have shoved the guy up front on Saturday, he isn’t the reason we lost on Saturday, dunno if he will ever get to the form he can produce again but it was an odd substitute by Klopp.

1 Like

Thought he would at least be a great impact sub this season but he disappointed - but so did many of our players.

It’s important to have all our players back in preseason.

1 Like