Thiago ALCANTARA: 2020/21

It’s not luck, though. He is obviously a very good player. There are a lot of reasons we wanted him here and a lot of reasons he wanted to come here. “Luck” isn’t involved.

Spurs would be lucky to have him.

2 Likes

Of course he wanted to sent him off. Suspension would have been for the ManU game.

Neco was also booked very early in a game a few weeks ago.

Nonsense to do that. Embarrassing refereeing in England, really.

2 Likes

Tough first half, good second half. Once again played a number of passes that opened the opposition up but our full backs and forwards couldn’t make the most of.

If you play Chamberlain in the midfield the ‘6’ is going to suffer, it was like playing with 10 men until he went off. What he’s done to deserve a start is beyond me.

8 Likes

I doubt it he committed three fouls later in the game if his opinion was to send him off he could do, however the yellow card did lead to him being restrictive for the rest of the game so in that it’s job done.

3 Likes

Yeah I’ll be the first to say I couldn’t have been more wrong about how that midfield combination was going to play together. I’m a big fan of Ox but it was like he was playing in an entirely different match than everyone else.

2 Likes

He’s a morale booster (jester) in the dressing room, or otherwise arse licks Klopp. Have written him off.

3 Likes

Yep didn’t help he was basically rush defended by a freakishly good pressing side. Tough one to come back into cold.

His position for most of the game was about 15 yards behind where he should be playing also, more like a 3rd CB.

1 Like

Nice. What does keeping an ass kisser/jester say about Klopp then?

1 Like

Why dont you tell me seeing as its your secondary point?

1 Like

I don’t know. You are the one that described Chamberlain in such terms. So I’m wondering what you think of Klopp then.

1 Like

Troll off somewhere else mate…

1 Like

I’m not the one talking shit about Chamberlain though.

1 Like

No but your trollin now I’ve had enough of you…

1 Like

He is an old romantic at heart and will give Oxlade every chance to regain his form… I doubt it personally, at one point he went for a jump missed the ball by a good yard… The brain works, the body doesn’t.

1 Like

Starting to get seriously worried that Ox does not have the footballing self belief anymore to play in this team.

1 Like

Surely kissing arse is against covid protocol so i seriously doubt it’s that.

10 Likes

It would appear The Ox has taken Lovren’s place as the player to blame when things go wrong. What we shouldn’t forget is he is coming back from a lengthy injury and once again he’s wasn’t played in a position that gets the best out of him, which is down the middle. There were other players out there last night who were just as poor.
Anyway, last night was all Lovren’s fault!!

7 Likes

No one was blaming Ox, it was just a little surprising to see how he had jumped ahead of Taki and Keita for selection.

2 Likes

So about Thiago then… Need to get some minutes in him and the rust will wash off, and we all get to marvel in his class

7 Likes

Chamberlain was played in midfield last night, though he was easy to miss.

He’s barely had 10 good games in the last 36 months. Always surprises me when the people who are quick to criticise Keita are also quick to defend a player as bad and unavailable as Chamberlain.

I’m not scapegoating him for the result last night, our poor form has been going on for a while without him, he’s just continued his poor performances that started after his return from his first knee injury with us.

6 Likes