Thiago ALCANTARA: 2020/21

I thought he was our saviour, very harsh booking and commentator mentioned he could have had a second. :thinking:

1 Like

Not sure why direct criticism is not allowed in Thiagoā€™s case. Why shouldnā€™t he also be expected to up his game defensively?
A penalty conceded against Chelsea and a really poorly-timed tackle leading to a yellow card yesterday. (Putting aside the non-foul that lead to their goal)

Canā€™t shake the fact that is played for Bayer Nahā€¦ :joy:

We are extremely lucky that he wanted to come here, he is one of the best midfielders in the world.

4 Likes

Harsh considering heā€™s played for how many minutes in the PL?

I donā€™t think he got a lot of help from Ox in particular but Gini didnā€™t exactly shine either in the first 20 of yesterdays game.

1 Like

Just back after a serious injury he needs a bit of time surely? Plus heā€™s coming into the side when itā€™s playing as badly as it has done in 3 or 4 seasons.

1 Like

Weā€™re questioning his defensive game as a whole because of a penalty and a yellow card? Sure, heā€™s been a bit too eager in some of those challenges, but come on. Last night in the first half he had a few iffy moments, but then again took over in the second half and made us play well. We lacked more quality in the final third, thatā€™s where weā€™re forcing it too much at the moment.

5 Likes

Whoa everybody calm down. Read my post again.

If the whole team fails to pin down opponents we wonā€™t get the best out of Thiago.

With that said. He arrived late. Had no pre season. Was injured.

Letā€™s give him time.

But do we have time? The ManU game is one where we will need him at his best. Letā€™s see.

2 Likes

It took Mariner less than 5 minutes to book Thiago. It was for a nothing foul and he couldnā€™t wait to do it. I think this had an effect on Thiagoā€™s game, he knew then Mariner was waiting for the opportunity to send him off.

8 Likes

Itā€™s not luck, though. He is obviously a very good player. There are a lot of reasons we wanted him here and a lot of reasons he wanted to come here. ā€œLuckā€ isnā€™t involved.

Spurs would be lucky to have him.

2 Likes

Of course he wanted to sent him off. Suspension would have been for the ManU game.

Neco was also booked very early in a game a few weeks ago.

Nonsense to do that. Embarrassing refereeing in England, really.

2 Likes

Tough first half, good second half. Once again played a number of passes that opened the opposition up but our full backs and forwards couldnā€™t make the most of.

If you play Chamberlain in the midfield the ā€˜6ā€™ is going to suffer, it was like playing with 10 men until he went off. What heā€™s done to deserve a start is beyond me.

8 Likes

I doubt it he committed three fouls later in the game if his opinion was to send him off he could do, however the yellow card did lead to him being restrictive for the rest of the game so in that itā€™s job done.

3 Likes

Yeah Iā€™ll be the first to say I couldnā€™t have been more wrong about how that midfield combination was going to play together. Iā€™m a big fan of Ox but it was like he was playing in an entirely different match than everyone else.

2 Likes

Heā€™s a morale booster (jester) in the dressing room, or otherwise arse licks Klopp. Have written him off.

3 Likes

Yep didnā€™t help he was basically rush defended by a freakishly good pressing side. Tough one to come back into cold.

His position for most of the game was about 15 yards behind where he should be playing also, more like a 3rd CB.

1 Like

Nice. What does keeping an ass kisser/jester say about Klopp then?

1 Like

Why dont you tell me seeing as its your secondary point?

1 Like

I donā€™t know. You are the one that described Chamberlain in such terms. So Iā€™m wondering what you think of Klopp then.

1 Like

Troll off somewhere else mateā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m not the one talking shit about Chamberlain though.

1 Like