Thiago ALCANTARA: 2020/21

It is obvious that unlike Henderson, Thiago is a true world-class player (like prime Busquet, Xavi, Pirlo…).

2 Likes
1 Like

Hendo is in a class of his own an ‘unreal’ world class player, captain/leader.
I get it you like the silky stuff however Hendo can do all Thiago can do and more. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Except post on social media…

Doesn’t hold a candle to him on that aspect

3 Likes

Hendo out!!!

3 Likes

After years of abuse about his footballing ability are we now switching to criticising his social media skills?

The world is ending.

Still thiago still can’t hold a candle to Milner social media skills

I actually like his social media skills

Functional and quite direct, but definitely something that can progress

I know Alex didn’t rate his writing style

1 Like

What annoys me about his social media skills is that he’s never taking responsibility. He’s always passing it sideways, praising others, saying it’s all about the team, I wish he’d just step up and take responsibility for once. Stop passing the buck. Take the credit that’s due to him and take it entirely for himself, for once. Stop trying to constantly pass it around. It’s pathetic.

1 Like

Anyone else notice how graceful, verging on artistic Thiago is when he receives and passes the ball. With one foot planted, his hips and other leg seem to rise, rotate and swivel with such ease like some Rudolf Nureyev level ballet dancer capable of pinging the ball all over the pitch with ease.
Which leads to me think that next season, we may actually have a midfield consisting of Harvey Elliot and his namesake… Billy Elliot.! :0)

2 Likes

Thiago’s more matador than ballet dancer. The way he practically plays with his opponent, his confidence, arrogance, how he struts around the pitch not as if he owns it but because he fucking does.

7 Likes

Mentally he’s two steps ahead. Basically he knows what he’s going to do with the ball before he receives it. In short he’s already in position to make his next move as he receives the ball.

Contrast this to Henderson. For all Hendersons excellent play these last couple of seasons he receives the ball then turns. Thiago turns then receives the ball.

2 Likes

Have you ever stopped to think maybe that’s the role he’s been asked to play, I’m sure he’s got it in him to post that big statement post, the Hollywood post, but imagine for a second if you feed was full of Hollywood posts?

It just wouldn’t work.

Remember what thegreat bill shankley once said, twitter is like a piano, it takes 8 people posting emojis and LOLs for 3 people to… oh god I’m even boring myself now

5 Likes

It is the fluidity of Thiago’s movements that become mesmerising.
Like he is performing some Argentine Tango routine… if /when and without meant as criticism, compared to Henderson’s Milner’s movements that more resemble Crouchie’s Robot dance.

1 Like

How times have changed. Here’s footage of Poulson in midfield a few years ago.

14 Likes

Looks like that was the game against Everton.

10 Likes

I doubt he took the player out or was that fast, the game seemed to just drift past him.

1 Like

Poulsen was the matador

2 Likes

He was bloody useless

1 Like

Polsen was a fine midfielder…

… 2 or 3 years before we signed him.

5 Likes

No direct criticism towards him but

if the team fails to pin down opponents to their half then Thiago will be useless for us.

2 Likes