Surname: Mac Allister
Squad Number: 10
Position: Midfielder
D.O.B: 24.12.1998.
Town of Birth: Santa Rosa
Country of Birth: Argentina
Nationality: Argentinian

1 Like

Alexis Mac Allister admits Arne Slot has been handed a difficult task stepping into the shoes of Jurgen Klopp - but is convinced the new head coach can help Liverpool achieve further success. Slot is currently with his squad in the USA preparing for the Premier League campaign having officially started in the job last month after replacing Klopp, who left at the end of last season following almost nine years in charge.

Mac Allister, who is still on his summer break after helping Argentina win the Copa America a fortnight ago, has yet to start training with Slot but has already held discussions with his new boss.

And the 25-year-old midfielder believes there is plenty of reason for optimism as Liverpool prepare to enter a new era under the Dutchman.

“Obviously it must not be easy at all to replace a coach like Jurgen who was there for almost nine years and at Liverpool is now a legend of the club,” said Mac Allister.

"Jurgen’s farewell was fantastic and he himself created a song for the new coach! And I think that will help him a little. I think Arne, thanks to Jurgen, has entered the club on the right foot.

"I had talks with the new coach during the Copa America, we talked a little about the club and about what I saw and so on. You can tell he’s a very trained technician. He spoke to me very well.

"And I talked with (Argentina team-mate and Bournemouth player) Marcos Senesi who played for him at Feyenoord, and he spoke very well of him.

"So I think there is a lot of optimism about what this season is going to be like for Liverpool, beyond the fact a great manager like Jurgen has left us. We have a great group and we believe the new coach can help us achieve a lot of things.

“I came to Liverpool because I wanted to continue winning things and I felt it was an opportunity of being at a club that is going to fight for things.”

Klopp was responsible for bringing Mac Allister to Liverpool last summer when he green-lit a ÂŁ35million move for the Argentina World Cup winner from Brighton.

The midfielder has opened up on his time with the former Reds boss.
“I have an incredible relationship with him," he said. "The truth is he always treated me with a lot of love and respect. I even have to accept that my team-mates told me that I am his son! I had that all year - some got jealous and said ‘your dad, your dad.’ At least now that he’s gone, I have one problem less!

“I admire him, I have a great relationship with him. He wrote to me after the (Copa America) final and we talked a lot during the season, we exchanged opinions.

"I am grateful because he gave me the opportunity to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world. He opened the doors for me and from the first minute he defended me and helped me.

"I remember the first few games (of last season) that he had to put me in defensive midfield as there was no-one else, and I received some criticism. But he always came out to defend me. I only have words of gratitude for him.

“I hope he is enjoying his life a lot. He has an Instagram now, so I notice he is enjoying his life which makes me happy because he deserve it. He worked a long time and deserves a rest.”

5 Likes

https://x.com/jamespearcelfc/status/1819487838586433892?s=46&t=WmjWm_FqqFdVHHP8b7dN9A

5 Likes

Nice bag my mum had a similar one

https://www.instagram.com/p/C-LsQm-vs6b/?igsh=MW55bW5ydjExZWZqYQ==

2 Likes

The return of ‘The Man Bag’!

I knew it wouldn’t be too long until it reappeared.

2 Likes

It’s better than Bag-Man, the world’s shittest superhero…

1 Like

Nah; that would be Look-man

3 Likes

Finally, our key midfielder is back, which is massive for Slot’s preparation.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Another masterclass from Macca at the weekend.

1 Like

“Always the case…”

No the case is Liverpool pay his wages and you play them in every possible minute of a game you are about 4-0 up in and they get injured.

Of course Maca had all summer off to rest… oh no he was playing with Argentina in the copa America my bad.

Of course he will play the second game before flying back 2-3 days before our match, it’s kind of why I agree with this new international break set up though they probably should merge the other and make two blocks one in Autumn and one in Spring and the Summer to cover the tournaments.

They aren’t scrapping it so that’s the next best idea.

2 Likes

He was so injured and in pain that he played 79 mins and scored.

These international managers are pisstakes

1 Like

Scaloni better not have pulled a Hodgson.

Apparently, he did…

Jesus christ. They are sitting comfortably at the top of the table, Scaloni acknowledged discomfort before the game, subbed him off after complaints about the issue and they are still considering playing him in the second game of the round on Wednesday :rage:

Curtis better be ready for the weekend.

1 Like

No MacAllister today against Colombia, but he is named on the bench. Not sure if this is good or bad, but hopefully this good news and a sensible response to his thigh issue

1 Like

Mac came on in the 64th minute and played until the end. Colombia won 2-1 and both him and LuisDiaz seemed ok, i.e. no injuries

2 Likes
3 Likes

I thought he got replaced because of fatigue (he looked a bit slower as the half-time neared) - turns out it was a groin injury and that he will probably have to have a scan to determine its severity. I hope Argentina will be sensible with him and let him sit out this international break even if his scan results are fine. He’s been playing too much football and stuff like this is bound to happen.

3 Likes