Alexis Mac Allister (CM) Brighton & Hove Albion

Quotes from Gaston Edul, apparently reliable for Argentiniams
https://twitter.com/AlbicelesteTalk/status/1660719288645197836?t=ypl2ikN8W-Nx021ZGbz--A&s=19

2 Likes

Seems it would generate them clicks and nothing else to it.

1 Like

So, as the rumours are cumulating and also coming from some less unlikely sources…

Is this guy actually good, and can he help us?

I wouldn’t believe any sources these days, all bullshitters. Fabrizio bloke a big plonker. Remember the old fall back line, negotiations broke down. Our club keeps pat these days.

3 Likes

My best guess, which is all anyone else is doing.

We’re definitely interested, but I still think there’s a possibility of where we finish/where Brighton finish which may be a factor in his signing. (Eg. His new contract had a clause he could leave for a Champions League club). That’s pure speculation, and doesn’t mean we can’t or won’t sign him for finishing 5th.

As for can he help us. Well, while I’m very much not in the camp of ‘just sign anyone’ there is a truth that any above average Premier League level player who can be fit on a given match day is going to be of much more help than even a world class player who is going to be unavailable for half the season.

Not that I think Mac Allister is average. Average players don’t tend to play for Argentina at World Cups.

So if we do sign him, I personally will be optimistic as much as you can be.

3 Likes

In short, yes and yes…

Here’s some footage with some random music to whet the appetite

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/1660950349115424771

5 Likes

Notably, since some people have called for us to sign Gundogan, the closest statistical match to Gundogan in Europe this season is… Alexis Mac Allister.

12 Likes

Yes he’s good, yes he can help us and yes he’s a Gundugan clone. I am really excited if this happens.

2 Likes

Thanks lads. He seems to be an excellent penalty taker. That won’t help us much, as we never get one these days. But maybe in the Europa League, who knows… we need a reliable taker after Millie’s departure.

“Hi”
“I’m here, you mentioned something about taking penalties, I think I can help”

1 Like

The man looks to have a very good close control. Looks to be a good interceptor and has a decent passing range.

He looks a bit light. As some mentioned that this fella is the closest to Gundogan, Man City may just blow LFC out of the water just to find another Gundogan. They can probably sell of Kalvin Phillips to some suckers who are willing to pay a bit more…

Just saying that if his wage demands are reasonable and he’s on a short term contract , his age , political leanings and his ex club shouldn’t be a factor…and shouldn’t preclude us not signing McAllister

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MatteMoretto/status/1661645990623887360?t=JflXGN8jlM9fL4xIp5ctjw&s=19

Translated:

At the end of the season, after Brighton’s last game, Alexis Mac Allister will announce his farewell.

His signing for Liverpool is closer than ever.

2 Likes

Just as you shouldn’t read too much positive from a compilation, you shouldn’t read too much negative either. But…IMO outside of the penalties that compilation was pretty sparse in terms of footballing quality.

I still think he’s worth chasing though.

He’s a good player and might even prove to be a great player at Liverpool, but I don’t want to pile on the expectation. He seems like the sort who will help the whole become better than the sum of its parts. Sign another midfielder and a defender, and let’s see what what with the blend.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I don’t tend to comment on prospective transfers because I have never heard of most of them.

I learnt my lesson on TIA when I said we shouldn’t go near Balotelli. I still bear the scars. Some even claimed he would be a “legend”.

I don’t have the same feeling about this guy and no way comparing him. He is obviously a very good player but he doesn’t excite me…I have watched him a lot this season and not particularly seen anything from him that is any better than say Jones. But I guess we might have to settle for him…would we have been interested if we had got Bellingham? Is it him only because we didn’t get Bellingham?

1 Like

I also remember someone (might have been you) paraphrasing “The Good, The Bad and The Ugly” on Balotelli as the Suarez replacement: “What the Hell? One bastard goes out and another comes in!”

TBH, I rarely see enough of other clubs’ players to make any sort of informed judgement. I don’t watch the Premier league outside of us and I’ll watch the Bundesliga haphazardly enough to know the star players but not the up and coming prospects. Although Dortmund have a kid playing for them called Billingham or something who is quite handy…

1 Like

I can’t claim an expansive knowledge of transfer targets either, but I have seen Mac Allister play a few times, as I have a sneaky admiration for Brighton and how they go about the game. Mac Allister always struck me as a perfect Klopp player. I think he’s great. Only downside is that he lacks a bit of pace.

5 Likes