Alexis Mac Allister (CM) Brighton & Hove Albion

alert GIF

1 Like

I dont think it was the point being made, but that gif initially looks like its a horse hiding in a tent.

:man_shrugging:

It’s the opposite of an erection

That’s how I see it. We need an engine and I feel he is that and it won’t nesscary come across in stats.

Neil Jones with another exclusive :roll_eyes:

He’s leaving Goal at the end of the season.

Not sure where he is heading mind.

Back to the Echo, I’d say.

Or the pub. :joy:

1 Like

Jones can’t get into the England squad never mind start in the Argentina midfield. Nonsense.

1 Like

That’s because Gareth Southgate doesn’t have a clue.

6 Likes

England have a stocked midfield. Who does Jones get infront of. Mount / Bellingham / Rice / Foden ?

As much as Jones has improved , he’s still not as good a midfielder as those.

5 Likes

He should at least be in the squad, though.

2 Likes

Foden and Mount are not traditional midfielders and Jones is better than both of them as an 8. Rice is a 6.

He could easily be part of the England setup but Southgate is a manager who still believes that Maguire deserves to be called up, so that’s that.

6 Likes

Anyone who has seen me post about Curtis over the last few years will know I’m a huge fan of the lad, but the idea that Mac Allister is no better than him is a pretty wild take.

5 Likes

Still other midfielders in the England framwork(Kalvin Phillips , Maddison , Even Trent) Jones will get some international caps but will struggle to make the squad for any major competitive tournament.

Who Southgate picks is no reflection on the quality of the player.

With that said, Jones has missed a lot of football, and only recently has he started to show what he can do. There’s plenty of time for England to call him up again, and if he keeps going as he is, I would imagine it will happen.

He is at least good enough to be a squad man.

Still, it’s Southgate, innit? He has Trent at about fifth choice among England’s right backs, while Harry Maguire is a rock in his defence.

4 Likes

I think Jones was on the fringes of the England squad before his injury. A good run next season could see him in there.

8 Likes

As with all conversations about Jones, the opportunities will be there for him if he can stay fit.

2 Likes

I think Jones is more talented than Macallister, has higher ceiling. Whether he reaches his potential is another matter. These last few games are a good start though.

Anyway what’s not to like Jones and Macallister in the same midfield? Pressing monsters who can take care of the ball and score goals. Doesn’t have to be an either or does it?

Also, Argentina, while being a good team, had massive help from the officials in winning that tournament. Almost as if FIFA wanted Messi to bow out with a WC winners medal.

1 Like

We’ve had a midfield that has been passed again what isn’t to like about 2 players like that and when an injury comes we will have suitable cover and not having to overplay an 18 year old who then gets injured.

2 Likes

Who is the 18 year old?

1 Like