Alexis Mac Allister (CM) Brighton & Hove Albion

Could it be that he already has something agreed with another club and that our folks have thus moved on to other targets?

Yeah, probably it’s the case, and Caicedo will move to Abu Dhabi or Saudi Arabia, or wherever else there is a lot of money for him to get.

Andy Naylor tweeted essentially the same thing about Cucurella in the summer, the next day he signed for Chelsea.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorBHAFC/status/1655166046406311938

Reverse Fran Healy GIF by Travis

2 Likes

His first tweet didn’t make much sense, his second less so…

1 Like

For what it’s worth, the Athens Macedonian news agency is citing English media outlets and reporting that we’ve reached an agreement with Brighton for Mac Allister worth 65€ mil. Mac Allister will supposedly sign a 5 year contract with an annual salary of 5,000,000€ (~85,000 GBP/week), bonuses not included.

I can’t see anything similar reported by British media, although AMNA is a serious news outlet. Take it with a pinch of salt.

5 Likes

Ornstein in the Athletic reporting Mac has a clause in his contract that will help facilitate a move, but it isn’t a normal release clause, and Brighton retains some control…so no idea what the heck that could be. There is a clause…that isn’t a clause.

2 Likes

I would never rule out Brighton playing silly buggers with potential Mac Allister suitors. Taking a leaf out of JWH’s playbook of “Release clause? What release clause?” * window closes * “Well actuaalllllllyyyy…”

1 Like

There could be something about them qualifying/not qualifying for Champions League or the club that are trying to buy him being in Champions League or not.

With the league how it is, it might be that we’ve agreed a deal in principle but have to wait and see who finishes where.

5 Likes

So, there’s a clause written into clause, which could mean the 2nd clause overrides the 1st clause. Providing he activates the 1st clause that is.

That’s still way better than losing Salah Mané Keita to AFCON in the middle of the season

2 Likes

Also keep in mind the growing trend of South American teams playing their friendlies in europe. Obviously it wont be an option for qualifies but it does reduce the midseason international burden a little bit

3 Likes

I heard the clause says “if any club pays fucking 100mil, we sure sell”

With so many South American players playing friendlies, I think FSG would be generous to charter a private high speed boat to bring them back asap across the Atlantic

1 Like

This is usually how our transfers break nowadays.

Without knowing the details of the contract, it stands to reason that MacAllister has some sort of clause in there. The obvious move, in favour of the player, was to let his deal wind down and go on a Bosman this summer. The flip side of that is that is shits on Brighton, who gave him his chance in the Prem.

So presumably they arranged a win-win of sorts.

He would be allowed to leave, smoothly, this summer; while Brighton would get a reasonable fee, but not such that he would be priced out of a move.

4 Likes

If he could leave for free this summer then what did he get out of singing a contact which sees him leave during the summer anyway,when he could have had the transfer fee for himself,essentially doing himself out of million(10s of millions) just so he doesn’t look like he’s shit on Brighton.

Deals like that almost always mean a short term significant increase in money at the expense of mutually beneficial, clearly stated clauses on what is required to get him out of the contract.

3 Likes

Makes very little sense if he was going to be out of contract during the summer anyway.The only thing i can see he gains is if nobody comes in(he stays) for him during the summer and now his wages are significantly higher.

1 Like