Alisson BECKER: 2021/22

This is what I like about him most, it makes him soo suited to EPL.

I don’t think Klopp will have appreciated his Cruyff turn in the first half but everything else was like a masterclass in goalkeeping today. Burnley love to rough up the keepers at set pieces but he came and got every cross. His handling is exceptionally good and he made two astonishing saves. The one from Rodriguez didn’t matter because it was offside but the one at the end from Barnes did. In those one on one situations there is no better keeper in the world.

4 Likes

That strong hand was excellent on the shot at the end, you love them as a goalkeeper.

I love him as a goalscorer too.

1 Like

I think Ali has decided we’re not conceding this year, and that’s that.

5 Likes

He’s saving even the offside attempts.

2 Likes

Given how unlucky we are against the key decisions, Alisson cannot afford to take a chance!

On a more serious note though, Alisson is worth every penny and more. Opposition strikers are unsure if they can get past this man mountain and they take increasingly difficult shots. So even if Alisson is beaten, the chances of the shot going in is much slimmer. We are very lucky to have him as our keeper.

1 Like

Looks a lot less heavier, lean and hungry… like the rest of the squad. As others have said he means business.

1 Like

Couple of really good saves in that.

But you are right, if it’s flagged as offside or a foul or whatever after you’ve made the save then you avoid a corner, better to make sure than leave it up to these numpties.

1 Like

Lean, mean, saving machine! :smiley:
So me calling him fatty paid off! :rofl:

I love the fact his saves are usually boring. His positioning is so good he doesn’t have to make these camera saves. You can look at his kicking and distributing and say that’s his best points but his position is very underrated. Look at De Gea, flaps at most shots and will try to make camera saves for shots straight at him, then stays rooted to his line for the proceeding corner. Best keeper in the world, selfishly glad he’s saying at home away from Brazil, stay fit Ali, big season to come.

3 Likes

I think this is why he’s so underrated.

He makes saves he has no right to make, and makes it look like there was never any other outcome.

2 Likes

One of the best “traditional” keepers whilst also being one of the best “sweeper” keepers. There might, arguably, be better traditional keepers but he’s in the conversation for one of the best of that category. He’s also one of the best sweeper style keepers with only a handful considered better. No keeper is as high on both lists.

As someone who attempts to be a goalie themselves he is a joy to watch.

https://youtu.be/C_HcLAddem8

4 Likes

Positionning and when to come off the line second to none as well as being one ofthe only goalies capable of catching one of those modern beach ball thingys. That should be his next video so young lads can see how it’s done.

If Alisson was a forward, he would be in contention for top 10 or maybe even top 5 players in the world at present. So much of what he does goes unnoticed, which is typical of keepers. You concede a goal and it gets highlighted way more than a miss by a striker. There are hardly second chances.

What a gem of a player we have! Superb anticipation and game reading, consistent and such a calm presence behind that back 4. One of the most important signings of Klopp era.

5 Likes

Yep; been saying this for decades.

A striker can miss a boatload of chances but if he pops up with a stoppage-time winner, he’s a hero; conversely, a keeper can make save after save but one mistake and he’s a villain.

3 Likes

Evident from last game as well. The one that went through from beside him. Easy to say, he must have saved that.

He’s really got a ‘you shall not pass’ attitude going on now. He’s been immense already this season.

2 Likes