Alisson BECKER: 2021/22

That was a goalkeeping masterclass today. With a lesser keeper in goal I doubt that win would have been as comfortable. We might not even have won it at all, It wasn’t just that early save. It was his all round game. He radiates calmness and he reads what’s going on in front of him so well. Handling, positioning all on point. Pushing Clemence very close for the best Liverpool keeper I’ve seen.

2 Likes

From today’s BBC gossip column:

Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson says he would like to rejoin Brazilian side Internacional if given the chance at some point, but the 28-year-old is “happy” after recently signing a six-year contract at Anfield. (Soccer Saturday, via Mirror)

So it’s spend your prime years here then retire back at your home club?

Sounds good to me. :+1:

3 Likes

Alisson: “I saw a picture of the fans in The Kop and I saw a little boy in and it’s funny because I know his voice. I can always hear him when I’m on the pitch. I think if I was in the city centre and I heard him shouting my name, I would recognise him.”

7 Likes
2 Likes

Imagine running through on goal and seeing him in goal. You’d bottle it.

He’s got that thing about him that that the top keepers have got. They get in strikers heads and force mistakes.

2 Likes

I love when keepers are one and one and have a knack of saving them, it’s something you love to do as a keeper and it’s the best kind of save in my view.

1 Like

He’s so good at 1v1 because he doesn’t give the striker an easy choice. He doesn’t fly out and get lobbed/taken round him easily. He doesn’t sit back and leave too much of the goal open. He doesn’t go down too early.

He’ll hang back just enough and if you take a heavy touch he’s there in a flash.

He’s one of the best I’ve ever seen 1v1.

Our defending though :grimacing:

2 Likes

Completely agree with this. He’s phenomenal. And it’s not just ‘making himself big’. It’s an ability to wait for the right moment and pounce. A heavy touch, a bit of hesitation

When my son used to play in goal we’d watch videos of him and talk about his one on ones the most. I used to tell him in those situations the odds are always against the keeper, but the trick is to take control. Make the striker make his decision on your terms. Alisson is the best in the world at that.

He’s definitely the best 1 on 1 I’ve ever seen and Clem was pretty good. I don’t know whether I’m more impressed by Alisson’s saves in that vid or more shocked at the state of our defending. He’s saved our arses so many times this season.

Beast mode activated this season and he’s had to be, saved our arses a lot more than he should be needing to!

The team is playing CL this season because of his stoppage time winner at WBA. There’s absolutely nothing good that he hasn’t done in his time at Liverpool and some of that in the face of utmost tragedy. I hope from the bottom of my heart that he sticks around for a long while and keeps up this form. There are moments when he scares the hell out of me with his passing and dribbling but that comes with the territory, I guess.

Alisson: “We want to win all the tournaments that we play in. We want to win the Champions League, Premier League, FA Cup, Carabao Cup – all the tournaments that it is possible for us to play in.”

“This should be the goal and the target for everybody for a team like us. But we have to take it game by game and we must be focused on our jobs to do 100 per cent what we have to do.”

“We want more.”

3 Likes

What is this post game protein and carb need… A nice chianti for such gods…

3 Likes

Maybe it was Ribena

Think someone has already mentioned this in the match thread, it was really great to see Alisson making those saves when he needed to. Not easy when the game is just drifting by you. Hallmark of a truly great keeper. :star_struck:

1 Like

Fcking legend!

1 Like

Kelleher is making him play even better.

3 Likes