An Comhrá na hÉireann - The Ireland Thread!

This is the gang culture which has been allowed to grow over the past 15-20 yrs ,maybe longer,due to a lack of funding in policing,now with a very small number of biggoted far fight instigators,not all from Ireland,seeing an opportunity to cause mayhem.I missed how this went from the stabbing incident on Parnell square and escalated to yesterday evenings/last nights riots,but this is the same type of scumbags who have been causing shit on our streets for a few years now.

The gangs going into town to cause trouble during covid,the fighting out the back of Pearse house a couple of years ago as well as the small minority who try to turn every march into something bigger.

1 Like

Anti immigration knuckle draggers, want Ireland for the Irish…

A Brazillian man saved kids in Parnell Street yesterday by disarming the assailant.
Whilst the scum bags were in their beds.

This was orchestrated online, and the scum bags were only too willing to engage.
Gardai were unprepared, which I cannot understand to be honest. Not sure if we have water cannons.

1 Like

This is exactly what it is,but those scumbags have no affinity/affiliation with the far right.they are just opportunistic scumbags looking for a “laugh” and to cause trouble.
Looking at that yesterday i was reminded of Lansdowne road in '95 and how that was dealt with.Big country Gardai cornered the hooligans and then set the dogs in on them.Different now i know but only way to deal with them.

2 Likes

I posted this on the Breaking News thread but I had a quick look at Twitter to see what was going on and I couldn’t see anything by reliable journalists: all " Tommy Robinson" type “citizen journalists” with a history of posting far-right propaganda. It looks orchestrated to me. In fact Twitter looks to be in on it - I can barely get any use from the thing these days.

Sadly familiar scenes to us in Belfast. Instigated by paramilitaries in Belfast, and far-right trolls in Dublin. Sitting in the comfort of their homes and sending disillusioned, hopeless kids (or some just doing it for the kicks) out onto the streets to get criminal records. Protesting government immigration policy by stealing a new pair of shoes from footlocker.

The fuckers stirring it up don’t give a shit about those who were stabbed. They were desperately hoping for it to be an immigrant that did it. All their Christmases come at once

3 Likes

The ones showing aggression towards the guards were late teens to late 20’s and as said they are already involved in criminality.The younger ones there,shooting around on their expensive scooters with iphones and designer clothes are also far from disillusioned.

As you have said none of them where there for the children attacked,fuck all of them have much of a view on immigration either.They were there to cause damage,beat up some guards and rob as much as they could.
There were some with far right views who stoked the flames but that’s a tiny minority when compared to those looking for any excuse to “have a laugh”.

As for the person responsible for the attack on the kids,he is in hospital being treated for injuries sustained while being apprehended.He has been here for more than 20 years and was challenged by a few people,most notably a brazilian lad who has lived here for a few years,an Irish woman coming out of a tribunal in the rotunda hospital and an american lady.This was a completely random attack and nothing to do with immigration.

5 Likes

Agree with most of that…
But make no mistake this was orchestrated by Far Right.
They mobilised people the moment the atrack happened.
The leaders withdrew, but they are responsible.
The kids on the street are scum, doing the nazi bosses bidding.

1 Like

Saw a piece where the police were quoted as saying that the assailant had been an Irish citizen for 20 years - anything else public about him yet?

Not disagreeing about the looters. But I don’t think the far-right that are stoking tensions are a tiny minority. Look at Holland and Argentina, and UK to a (slightly) lesser extent. Outright racists and fascists are coming into power due to a wide-scale, concerted misrepresentation of migration/migrants

3 Likes

I’m more talking about here and how i haven’t seen a lot of the far right at protests other than those who are using protests as a way of causing disruption to the gardai who should be occupied with actual crime.

I think there’s a lot of disruption which is done to take the resources away so guards can’t put everything into stopping criminals profitting from their criminality.

What’s the situation now? Those who live in Ireland, hope you are well and do stay safe :pray:

1 Like

The clean up is on going but public transport is still hugely affected on the northside of the city.Everyone seems to be getting back to normal but the phrase "watch this space " should be heeded for a few days i think.

2 Likes

Water cannons acquired from PSNI. We have none.
Not enough helmets for Gardai (police) in the city last night.
No bodycams for Gardai to identify thugs who were attacking them.

Far Right blaming everyone. They say Antifa infiltrators (paid for by George Soros) caused the damage. The “patriots” with Irish flags liken themselves to the heroes of 1916. Don’t think James Connolly robbed Nike Runners when fighting the British army.

The city is breathing slowly. The magical build up to Christmas in the centre is destroyed.

The scum bag racists are in bed all day readying for more action…
I hope when their fucking heads are split by a baton that an overseas nurse and doctor are tending to their wounds.

1 Like

We live in dangerous times.
Weakness, collectively in Governments gives space to fascism.

1 Like

Hopefully they’re done for now and the guards can be better prepared for when this inevitably happens again.I’m in town on Sunday morning so things should be a little closer to normal by then.

1 Like

I agree, but when their heads are split by a baton, there will be outrage and people whinging about the Garda over reacting.

Too true.
This needs a specific type of policing, to ensure public safety and wellbeing.

To paraphrase Colonel Nathan Jessup… " Society craves action to protect the norms, then curse those to provide it".

1 Like

It is absolutely staggering to me to contemplate the fact that housing shortages and immigration are identified (correctly, I would guess) as driving factors in this unrest, and yet the population of Ireland is still about one million below what it was in 1840. It is hard to imagine.

1 Like

There is a huge shortage of social and affordable housing in Ireland,as there are in many countries, which seriously needs to be addressed by the government.I don’t know if building
30-40 thousand units a year is the fastest that the industry can build or weather any of them are really getting built for social housing enough so that the waiting list comes down.What i don’t believe though is that what happened the other night has anything to do with the housing shortage or immigration.

4 Likes

The Far Right have a disparate and incoherent set of values, and different leaders to pursue each course.
Thankfully they don’t have a charismatic or skilled political person to bind them into a singular force.
The different factions are uneasy with each other. One well known Far Right leader Gemma Doherty is sating that Antifa conducted the riots the other night to make Dublin a more European city…a tower was erected at the GPO, I imagine for surveillance, so that is touted as a step towards 15 minute cities…

They are broadly protesting about several factors. The riot centred on immigration.

They burnt out belongings of immigrants in the city, in a tented village a few months ago. They “identified” a serial rapist with thousands of convictions. An innocent man with no English.

They are anti abortion.
Anti transgender. A campaign has targeted libraries and bookshops over a book called “This Book is Gay”. Its a spurios reason to campaign as the motive is clearly anti trans. They produce a banner saying There are Two Genders. This is a serious right wing traditional catholic standpoint.

They targetted pharmacies that provided covid vaccinations. Intimidated staff for giving the “death jab”. They, of course did their research.

They are climate change deniers, all producing evidence of chemtrails.

A group are anti Pride. All people in the LGBTQA + group are “groomers”…this commentary appears on social media without sanction.

They believe that 15 minute cities are being introduced and are responsible for policing movement and control.

Many varying concerns, poorly led, no coherence.

1 Like