And it’s goodnight from him…

I hope you come back and check in from time to time - albeit this is a football forum, I’ve become fond of some posters over the years, including you. Would be good to see/hear all is well and good - you could always partake in one of the other sport threads off topics when you pick up your next pastime.

A train spotters thread maybe?

Good luck!

5 Likes

I think this bloke had a great name, was often funny and frequently agreed with me.
Therefore I’ll miss him and his instant match reports.

5 Likes

In the future I’ll be waiting for this reply from @cynicaloldgit

Al Pacino GIF

5 Likes

That is exactly how I have always pictured him. Rigsby de nos jours :rofl:

3 Likes

Cynical who?

I am guessing you object to this comment?

I made this comment because -

A) It is a cynical and somewhat sarcastic comment, worthy of the person who is sadly leaving the site.

B) It is common practice to say (when someone is leaving and you have enjoyed their company) something along the lines of " Dont let the door hit you on the ass as you leave" or “Yeah see Ya” It is comments such as these that are used as a “mask” for the sadness and disappointment.

And C) It was an attempt at humour.

Or perhaps I have misunderstood the reasons for you highlighting my comment?

Regardless I will miss his pithy and incisive comments and “The Greatest” series. I am sure happiness will meet him along the road.

9 Likes

English speakers do have a somewhat deprecating sense of humour that if one didn’t know better can be misinterpreted as disrespectful or rude. Ease up a little.

5 Likes

This cunt makes a good point.

6 Likes

It’s a scandal! He wasn’t even old!

2 Likes

He was a git though :wink:

2 Likes

Aye. And a tad cynical, too. Guess cynicalmiddleagedgit wouldn’t have the same ring to it.

2 Likes

We have a saying that travelers shouldn’t be stopped, so all I will do is to wish you all the best. I’ll really miss you, although … I’ll finally admit it now, I could never bring myself to read excessively long comments, so… I’m very sorry that I just skimmed most of them and never translated them completely.:pensive::smirk::wink:

7 Likes

Fine. Sorry for being miffed by it. I thought it was an insult and thought it very bad taste at that particular moment in time.
My apologies. Hope you and everyone else have and have had a nice day.

All the best, Magnus

5 Likes

You also leaving now? This is becoming an epidemic.

It’s something I’ve done, just be honest, I’m no longer that sensitive.

I have to agree…I have an absolute limit of about 200 words and then I zone out… we had a guy called possibly Cardiff Pete on TIA and I could never get past the first few sentences before glazing over. Another guy on there Dane had the uncanny knack of saying 100 times more in one short pithy sentence.

2 Likes

No, I am not leaving but I wanted to give him a more proper reply because I had misunderstood his intention. Having misunderstood, I though he deserved that since I riled against what was probably an immaginary cloud.

2 Likes

The stuff and and stuff man, made out he knew what he was talking about then put stuff in mid sentence, left me thinking ‘what stuff’. :rofl:

Cardiffpete
Used “aka” about 5 times in a post.
Once compared Lucas to Clodoaldo.

If there’s a Hell, for me it’s an elevator, and I’m stuck on it with Dane, Cardiff Pete and LFC Eddie.

2 Likes

Poor Dane, Eddie and Pete…

:wink:

4 Likes