Andre Trindade (DM) Fluminense

World class mate yeah, think of Casemiro Fernandinho and Fabinho all rolled up into 1…all in their primes. That’s what you’re getting from Andre for the best part of 10 years.

Maybe with a touch of Vini about him aswell.

A walking red card, 5ft nothing tall and slow as fuck, then?

Ah, you got me there.

I was gonna say Ronaldinho Kaka and Rivaldo all rolled up into 1 but somehow I don’t think that would’ve been too believable, even for the most gullible.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1686396167318614016

Probably because he has never played for us.

1 Like

Interesting link, seems like a deal in January would be more likely though (unless there is a release clause).

How is Jörg Schmadtke his Porgugeeze … :joy:

Awkward The Office GIF

We need both dont we?

I think it was ZB who mentioned it a month back and I very much agree with.

The type of player a Benfica would snap up for a choc chip muffin and a chicken mcnugget before a City or Chelsea got their slimy hands all over him for about 80m.

Attracting talents straight out of South America is what we’ve lacked for a long time.

3 Likes

I think its previously been an issue around getting a visa. However, following Brexit there have been some changes the government has made to make it easier for people outside of the EU to qualify for one.

2 Likes

No.

3 Likes

As I’ve said in another thread I’m not overly concerned about Lavia - or now, it seems, Andre - coming in and blocking Bajcetic’s development… however if we were to buy both I think that would be a legitimate worry.

3 Likes

Dominik Szoboszlai @deneb :1st_place_medal:
Alexis Mac Allister @Nikola :1st_place_medal:
Romeo Lavia @Nikola
Khephren Thuram @SixpenceNun
Ryan Gravenberch @Speckydodge
Mason Mount @GermanRed
Jude Bellingham @GermanRed

@ZinedineBiscan :pray:

2 Likes

Always loved that Fluminense kit. I’ll get me coat :roll_eyes:

Good!! Probably the only positive contribution this government has done for sport in over 10 years!!! Especially after FIFA banned English clubs from signing u18s from basically anywhere post brexit. :rage:

2 Likes

If Lavia and Andre both sign this window, I think we already have plans to move Thiago. This may lead us to a tricky situation where we need some time for the overhauled midfield to gel together.

Alternative to it would be to sign Lavia and retain Thiago. Sign Andre in winter transfer window (after an agreement made this summer transfer window). Give Andre some time to bed in and then let Thiago go next summer.

Really difficult to predict what will happen over the next couple of windows but I think the second option sounds more possible.

2 Likes

When is south American season? Is he playing games now?

1 Like

He’s gone next summer anyway. I know he’s an elite player compared to Ox and Naby but even when they were fit those two weren’t getting much of a look in during the back end of the season. How much time will Thiago be afforded in a revamped midfield give he’s only around for one more year?

I guess it depends how much faith Klopp has of keeping him fit and involved this year. For me, carrying an extra midfielder this season ready for his departure is preferable to relying on Thiago’s fitness this season and then looking to replace him when he goes next summer.

Even if that makes for a very quiet window next summer then so be it. What we can’t be doing is come next summer looking back at missing out on the Champions League places again because we left ourselves short.

2 Likes

I did consider opening this one after Reddy dropped his name, but I’ve convinced myself this is just us showing Southampton that we’re open to moving on if we can’t get an agreement for Lavia rather than letting them think we’re all in on him with no other options.

From what I’ve heard Andre is decent and would in theory leave us enough money for a CB should Klopp want one.

2 Likes