Andy ROBERTSON: 2021/22

Could well be it is a burn-out thing and he has hit a brick wall…
Needs R&R to get back to his best

I dont understand why he can’t start against the likes of City, I mean if Klopp can give an 18 year old game time against Chelsea why can’t he do the same for a full international who has been brilliant this season.

1 Like

It’s not the age, it’s the form and fitness.

Guess you just answered my question then. On form and fitness Tsimikas wins it hands down.

1 Like

Of course he does. It’s not unfair to Robertson to say so, not ‘short memories’ or anything like that, Tsimikas has just been playing far, far better football.

It was a mistake to play Robertson today I thought. He showed nothing in his last couple of performances to suggest he deserved the shirt over Kostas and he was bloody awful again today.

2 Likes

Our entire left side is a huge problem, it offers fuck all threat and is abysmal in defence.

Robbo failed to stop their crosses multiple times.

Cant afford to play both Mane and Robbo back into form.

3 Likes

He was arguably man of the match in the last game he started against Milan so I’m not ready to write him off just yet. I like Tsimikas too but I’m not sure he would have made a huge difference defensively yesterday. Robbo was poor as were the entire back line but the problems seemed systemic. We were unbalanced by the Bobby sub, lost our shape and Brentford had a field day down either flank.

Maybe Tsimikas could have stopped some of the crosses from the left.

1 Like

All shoulda coulda wouldas. Had Tsimkas played and we ended up with the same issue (crossed from left to the overloaded far post) we’d be calling Klopp out for not selecting tried and tested Robbo.

Hindsight gives us all 20/20 vision.

4 Likes

It is obvious that since the beginning of this season, Tsimikas has been in better form. Not to mention that, Robertson got an injury not long ago.

1 Like

I would deffo rotate these two for now.

Problem is the option is required on the other side and though Milner is a decent replacement when needed it’s not one you’d go to for a large amount of time.

Though with the defence I think it’s getting back to where they were and we’ve seen they can.

It feels strange coming into this thread and complaining about Robbo, he’s one of our mister reliables. Needs to sit on the bench though. Timmy has been excellent whenever he has played. He has been arguably better at crossing than Trent.

Our left side was really poor yesterday both ways with the form Mane and Robbo are in at the moment.

Tsimikas as shown with his recent performances, gives us another option of creating chances down that channel.

What I think when I hear Timmy!

timmy timmysouthpark GIF by Comedy Central LA

fight jimmy GIF by South Park

I’m with you bud, mines Jimmy :laughing:

Just rewatched the match in its entirety. Probably one of the worst matches Robbo has ever played in our shirt. Brentford’s second goal I have no idea what he was doing, he gave zero resistance allowing his man to put the cross in. His effort and work rate sucked from minute 1 through minute 90.

For me, I can’t figure out if Robbo still is not 100% healthy, or he’s feeling a little pressure from Tsimikas nipping at his heels for playing time.

I want to qualify all of the above by saying Robbo was not alone. All 4 of the backline were playing at 50% effort (or less) the entire match. I’m not sure if they were tired or simply arrogance. I didn’t notice it as much watching live, the second time through I couldn’t believe how unfocused and careless our defenders played. They didn’t take Brentford seriously at all.

It’s no surprise if he’s burnt out. All the Irn-Bru jokes aside, he is human.
I doubt his recent performances are him acting a diva just because Tsimi is getting love and affection.
Surely we have more faith in him than that.

1 Like

I haven’t scanned the entire post match thread, has Robbo really been called a diva?!

1 Like

Not in those exact words, but a few suggesting he’s underperforming because he’s pissy Tsimi is getting the plaudits.

I think Robbo has been out of form for a long time (18 months…), specifically not hitting the world class levels he delivered for basically 2 years as we conquered the world.

I agree it’s burn out, up until Saturday despite him being out of form and a big drop off in his offensive output his defensive work never seemed to suffer… When that starts to happen he needs a proper rest, we are very lucky we has Kostas who is ready to go.

3 Likes