Anfield and Kirkby

I don’t mean to come across bluntly here but what is there to see wrt ticket sales?

I don’t know if they own any. Maybe some locals here will know more. From my understanding, there are more houses that would have to be bought/families convinced than the process behind the Main Stand before. And that also took a while. We’ve seen this before, people not wanting to move out, etc. And who can blame them, it’s their absolute right. So for now, I don’t think there will be movement on that front. We brought the infrastructure to a level which Liverpool FC needs, Anfield and Kirkby. For now, I think that’s it.

1 Like

Well, can they sell almost every ticket throughout the season as they have done until now? If yes (I for one am optimistic about that), they’ll surely look towards further enhancing Anfield in the medium term. If not, we’ll stay at the current number of seats.

60k seats would be fine to last decades just like 45k was back then.

They’ll sell every ticket in a blink of an eye, I could guarantee a 200k Anfield fully selling out even if they were competing in league 1. There will never not be enough fans at that stadium, it’s just impossible…well unless ticket prices shot up 500% to £250 but I’d say that was impossible too.

1 Like

There is a natural limit. Who knows what that is… during our heydays in the seventies-eighties, the stadium wasn’t always sold out. For instance, our attendance average for the First division during the seventies was around 45k, for a capacity of approximatively 60k at the time.

2 Likes

If John W. Henry had an ounce of ambition in his greedy Yank body he would drive the bulldozer over a small Scouse child himself. #FSGout #KloppDeservesBetter

Wasn’t it Fred Elliott twin brother on the council who made it 61k capacity, the bluenose thief.

I think it’s been said that the current limit is 69k. Probably has to do with the current transport infrastructure?

That leaves the opportunity of redeveloping one more stand, but I don’t see it being the plan for now. It took years and decades to be able to do what we’re about to complete in mid 2023. And like I said, the very tricky situation with families around the ground.

From what I know, we still have 20 odd thousand people waiting for season tickets?

It cannot be ideal, everything has it’s positives and negatives.

2 Likes

Can anyone ever believe 25,000 fans used to stand and sway on the Kop at the home games… Tide of red and white for a full 90mins :0)

2 Likes

Yep you are right… never wear suede boots when standing on the Kop :0)

1 Like

Hey day, this day, that day, Sunday.

Present day, this is what matters now.

3 guarantee’s in life; Death, Taxes & an Anfield sell out in 21st century yeah babyyyyyy!!!

1 Like

I doubt it, there is a reason why it was easier to get tickets in Klopp’s first years than now.

A downturn of form and they would be available. Not to say we wouldn’t sell 30k, we will always have a large fan base even if we fell down.

2 Likes
1 Like

Entirely possible they just lost count that day, NYD, must’ve been freezing. I reckon they got to about 34000 and thought “ah fuck it, just round it up to 35000, wack that in the computer and call it a day”

Also being sold out doesn’t mean you get full attendance.

1 Like

if you’re sold out, it doesn’t matter if every ticket holder walks through the gate.

1 Like

That’s certainly the logic of cheaty.

I think the capacity in the seventies was at the most 56,000 and that was reduced to about 52,000 when the club was required to reduce the capacity of the Kop.
You’re right about the average attendance though. Very often it was about 45,000. The highest we had in seventies was 48,000 in 1973.
This link should settle any arguments.

2 Likes

Funny isn’t it. People moan that FSG aren’t paying for infrastructure improvements out their own pockets and the impact that might have on transfer spending.

Then just as we finish the third major infrastructure project in eight years people are on about the next one.

2 Likes

That’s not moaning IMO but a legit complaint. They are adding value to their asset and letting the asset pay for it. That money should have gone into the team IMHO.

It’s not a legit complaint though. In no other sport or business would people expect the owner to pay for improvements to the stadium or building out of their own pocket so that more money could be spent on players or new equipment.

What next, ask John to go knock on the doors of the houses behind the Kenny Daglish stand and have him write cheques to buy the houses off people?