Anfield and Kirkby

Very very popular…enjoy

1 Like

Look mate, we’ll just club in a buy you a new phone. :wink:

1 Like

Post removed to another thread

Is there any way we can just use the music thread for talking about Taylor Swift or someone can open a dedicated thread just for her seeing as she is so popular amongst this group of middle aged men?

And be forced to watch Man City? :scream::scream::scream:

No, she’ll factory reset it. So I don’t get to see all of the WhatsApp love messages that she sends Pep. :thinking::wink::nerd_face:

Or the ones that he sends me! :scream::wink::nerd_face:

Or he could pass his ticket ro someone with xray vision that can see through the crane :rofl:

1 Like

I was very fortunate to be connected with someone who has season tickets here (green) and he gave me his card for the Huddersfield game I watched.

That said, being pitchside doesn’t do much for being able to see the pitch. Definitely gives you a different angle on how congested it appears to be from the players point of view though. Huddersfield was playing a low block and even though we scored 5 there really doesn’t look like a lot of room out there for movement and passing from that angle.

2 Likes

That’s quite a close in view to the goal. Prime tickets

Quite a few on here would like any tickets.:blush::blush::blush::blush:

2 Likes

I got very fortunate, was hooked up through a friend-of-a-friend. was getting panicky as I was 3 weeks out from our departure and whole itinerary for 6 days in UK was somewhat planned around attending the match. even meeting RedJedi and Klopptimist was set up before the ticket :wink:

We just live in hopes…

1 Like
2 Likes

From 2:50 - 3:00 - I wonder if the Sir Kenny Dalglish Stand might be earmarked as the next project for extension - Mirroring opposite side Leaving the Kop a while longer

I think this will be it for a while at least.

Skerries Road behind the King Kenny stand is the main “problem”. There’s not enough room behind the current stand to go bigger and not to mention “Main Stand” big.

There are a few ideas out there (but from mortals like us, nothing serious) how the Kop would be expanded, but there would be noise by now if there was a serious chance.

Plus, I think the maximum capacity of Anfield is limited to 69k.

Maybe at some point in the future it’s a topic that will have to be opened again, but from the point when the new ARE end is completed, I’d say we’re looking finally at Anfield brought to it’s maximum potential in the current possibilities.

1 Like

There is not enough room behind the stand or you must demolish a row of houses.

The extension of the Kop should go over the road and if so is there room for hospitality space?

1 Like

It’s not only demolishing, it’s buying and more importantly, convincing a lot of families to leave their homes. Tricky.

Don’t know anything much about this , but can’t the road in question be made as a underpass and the expanded stand built over it ?

Agree with you that for the time being, we won’t expand Anfield further. The owners will surely want to see how the ticket sales go before planning anything else.

But I’m still left wondering about the houses just behind the King Kenny stand. Doesn’t the club possess at least a part of them? In any case, enhancing this stand in the medium/longer term means for the club to buy these parcels.