Anfield and Kirkby

I wonder what this means for the women’s team match though?

Shouldn’t make a lot of difference.

The work can be done while matches are taking place, I assume that’s why we only asked for one match day away instead of two to three.

No word from the club about where we are with finishing the AR stand… This is hugely depressing to be honest.

Wouldn’t expect anything to be said as yet - administrators will be busy and they have the 10 days to sort it or move it on to the next stage. The clubs lawyers will be looking through contracts, whilst the procurement lot look at options for someone to come in and finish up the work at short notice.

Some interesting info it all in this piece by The Athletic - https://theathletic.com/4802504/2023/08/24/buckingham-group-administration-liverpool-fulham/

What comes next for Liverpool?

They have little choice but to wait. Buckingham has given a 10-day period of notice to appoint administrators, a move it hopes will see it salvage part of the business. Failure to find a buyer would see Buckingham enter administration next week but, until then, it legally still owns and operates the site.

“Before it gets into administration, there is the option for the client, like Liverpool, to offer more funds to complete the work,” explains Ian Marson, a partner and head of construction in EY-Parthenon’s strategy and transaction business.

“There’s that financial option to help the contractor out, but it’ll cost more. On the assumption they can’t solve it that way, which is likely given the point we’re at, the client has three options in reality.

The first one is they can terminate the work and it won’t get finished. The second is that they look for someone else to come in and take on the role as the main contractor.

“That tends to cost a lot of money for two reasons: no one likes to step in and take on someone else’s work halfway through because you’re never quite sure what’s been done, and you take on the risk that the previous company has done it all properly and in some cases, they haven’t.

“The last choice you’ve got is to try to run the project yourself. You take the risk and try to manage the subcontractors directly. A club like Liverpool is not a construction firm, so they would find that challenging in a lot of areas. Ultimately it’s going to cost more money to get this finished.”

Interestingly, Buckingham Group are also doing Fulhams new stand, amongst other pretty big sports projects.

2 Likes

Only people who should be overly worried are those with tickets in that stand. It will get done.

Saw this on some other website. It was posted after the Villa game. Looks like progress is going to slow.

Speaking to a contact after todays game, his friends electrical contracting company has been called in by LFC to evaluate the standard of the existing installed systems with a view to recommending what is required to complete the works. Another catering supply company is undertaking a similar exercise for the bars and restaurants. The visits are scheduled to commence this week. Please don’t ask the names of the contractors, I didn’t ask!

2 Likes

Does the club have a caution deposit by the construction company in place ?

In big projects , there’s a caution deposit generally in place which ensures that the work is done within the timelines or any insolvency issues allowing for the club to get alternate vendors etc using that money.

1 Like

Depends on the contract. The big ones I’ve worked on have just held back 20% until completion. Payments made at pre-set achievement points of the project. Foundations inspected and approved 10% etc.

That’s been the case for any projects i’ve worked on as well. Not just the payments part. But also the caution deposit made by the contractor.

1 Like

I’ve seen that, although the mean average and median price would be a bit more telling.

However, if I wanted, at a whim, to go to one of those matches, how much would it cost? I suspect that for Anfield you would have to be talking about the VIP package.

3 Likes

I’ve had a look around and I think West Ham are reasonably easy to get a ticket for same goes for Chelsea currently :joy:

1 Like

Are those because of restricted views or prices for kids or something?

Because from what I know, all the pillars in the ground have gone now with the Annie Road redeveloped. Are there pillars in the upper Kenny stand, but hard to see from the outside? I don’t think so?

I wonder if those seats might be the ones far in the corners, where you have to turn your head drastically to one side to see the game or maybe high under the roof, where maybe you don’t see 100% of the pitch, there’s a corner missing, etc.

West Ham is easy to get to, been a few times when I’ve gone to London. I actually like the stadium and the view even from the back. Think it is underrated

The cheapest PL tickets Liverpool sell are £9 a go for the upper main stand. Assume the £1.50 is a booking fee.

1 Like

So they are adult tickets as well. It’s just that you will need opera glasses and an oxygen mask to enjoy the game!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/dmlynchlfc/status/1699000528838037525?t=nGr_2bj8Pt6SQ_RUujY61A&s=19

5 Likes

Let’s goooooooo!!!

3 Likes

That was quick :+1:

For the West Ham United, Leicester City and Union SG fixtures, the capacity of Anfield will be the same as the opening two games of the season against AFC Bournemouth and Aston Villa

It is anticipated that the additional capacity at Anfield will be incrementally phased in after the next three home games

Based on this, from the offal, we should be seeing an increase in capacity kicking in for the Everton game (21 Oct) - Happy days - that was where we were hoping for it previously, albeit it won’t be fully open as hoped.

1 Like