Anfield and Kirkby

Wonder if they’re bobbing along to the Bitters new place…

Heading to the Bridge?

That’s not good news. It will complicate the finishing of the stand, and will probably delay it further, because a new company has to be found. This end of summer turns out to be a difficult one for us, on different levels.

1 Like

I guess we now know why Henry was in the UK, we’ll at least partly.

1 Like

… and why he he had a grumpy look while at the match.

2 Likes

I’m not too worried as long as the unfinished stand doesn’t cause any safety issues. Even if we have a reduced capacity for a few months, we will have greater capacity in the long run. Just take the time and finish it properly.

1 Like

If it almost finished… the administrators themselves can just run it to completion, instead of the directors of Buckingham Builders, if they deem it would be quickest way, to collect project finished funds into the kitty

Cue the lack of money jokes spilling over from player transfer jokes.

I’m hearing the workers have walked off site because they haven’t been paid and a significant amount of damage has been caused.

Probably Mancs

1 Like

They must be, or Everton fans. Oh no! They’d wait for the derby game to smash the place up.

1 Like

A number of subcontractors are also involved in the project and there were reports on Thursday of workers being sent home from the construction site. Liverpool have been approached for further comment.

This is all in the hands of the Administrators really. I’d wonder if there is some way that the sub-contractors could be engaged directly but that’s still going to need a project manager.

Has anyone from the club indicated what work is still outstanding?

1 Like

Nothing going on anymore …

Odd they’re stopping on the verge of completion. I’d have though the payment on completion would be sufficient to cover it. Seemingly not. Cash is king and all that but there are always ways and means. Unless they’ve already spent the completion money which they now owe to the bank……

Then again if a new company was to take it up then this would be potentially what would happen.

Knew I should be careful when planning a potential trip to Liverpool/Anfield in the first part of the season. Rather now, but wait for the EL draw to see if there’s a nice European destination. Best to forget about Anfield until I see the stand fully completed and incorporated in the new stadium tour. Hopefully that will be indeed October, as they said.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, October is not a given by any means:

Update on the offal - 10 min interview with Billy H;

No real update on when it will fully open - target still Oct, but all up in the air.

2 Likes