Anfield and Kirkby

1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes

So, the work isn’t finished on the upper tier until mid-october, and Anfield will have a reduced attendance capacity for Saturday’s match (51k) and beyond… that’s a pity. :frowning:

Edit: in the long run, it doesn’t matter though. That new stand looks the part!

1 Like

Given that this should last decades I think it’s important that it is done right to begin with. It’s disappointing for those that would have had tickets but it always was going to be tight for a major engineering project.

I remember when this was updated in the early 1980s that we closed the entire stadium and switched the first few matches with the away games. Obviously the league and rival clubs were very accommodating at that time.

4 Likes

All the lost revenue will be coming off the final invoice me thinks :0)

We’ll be circa 3,000 seats down on our usual capacity of 54k then until it’s fully up and running. Not enough to change too much in terms of atmosphere. If it’s completed by the end of October (not seen any specific dates anywhere), then the following matches would be played before its open and capcity up to 61k.

• Bournemouth (19 Aug)
  • Villa (3 Sept)
  • West Ham (24 Sept)
  • Everton (21 Oct)
  • Forrest (28 Oct).

Would be lovely to have it ready for the Everton game on 21 Oct.

We also have the following Europa League fixtures - September 21, October 5, October 26, so at least one will be affected.

Round three of the league cup is w/c 25 Sept so a home game there is affected. Round 4 w/c 30 Oct.

Won’t affect the FA Cup.

1 Like

Maybe they have delayed the opening on purpose until after the visit of the Blueshite…
Ya just know they would be itching to vandalise and wreck it

1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like

https://twitter.com/thisisanfield/status/1692099724726165912?s=20

Can’t be good news for getting the stand completed.

Lets hope theres a sub contrsctor thst csn take over

1 Like

Bollocks. What is remaining to be done on this work wise?

Loads left to do. Huge areas of cladding under the main roof, not to mention the corner infill. I have no idea what internally is left to do but hopefully the remaining brickwork and cladding can at least be completed during the 11 day window before tools are downed, unless someone buys them or a rescue plan is achieved.

1 Like

Ideally, cladding needs to be done before the winter months, and fingers kept crossed, we don’t get any high winds that can wreck a partly clad building

There will be clauses in the contract which will allow for other contractors to take up the remainder of the work.

1 Like

Some videos circulating showing workers now leaving the site

Presumably because they anticipate not getting paid?

https://twitter.com/dmlynchlfc/status/1692137590307078456

1 Like
2 Likes