Animated TV Shows / Animes (Retro)

3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

End of an era. Can’t think of Pokemon without Ash and ESPECIALLY Pikachu!

Any recommendations which I can recommend to my daughter? I relied on Ghibli movies till now, but the stock is exhausted.

How old is your daughter. We watch a fair bit of anime with our daughter but she’s 17 now so is okay with more mature stuff.

Wouldn’t want to recommend Demon Slayer or Akira and scar your daughter for life!!

All my childhood! :joy:

3 Likes

My eldest is also 17 and also into anime and manga thanks to me. She loved Roruoni Kenshin, Trigun, One Punch Man, My Hero Academia, Attack on Titan (absolutely not for young ones!)

We just started My Hero Academia yesterday. So far so good :+1:t3:

My niece keeps suggesting Attack on Titan.

1 Like

AoT is very graphic and utterly gruesome. But a great show (manga based) with a great storyline

1 Like

She is 14. Yeah, definitely not Demon Slayer. Though I suspect she might be watching something similar on the low :crazy_face:.

Kotoro lives Alone and Aggretsuko are both 12s

We enjoyed them both, but they’re both kind of…odd, but in very different ways.

I could imagine a lot of people wouldn’t enjoy them.

2 Likes

Its dark but often funny. Agree it is somewhat strange. Hope there is another season.

1 Like

Kotaro Lives Alone is a great watch. It’s funny, dark, and deep. I found so few people who have watched it.

Have you watched Kono Otto Tomare?

1 Like

I have not. Our anime/manga viewing is basically dependent on what Netflix has and they don’t have that one.

They had that, but have removed it.

76 posts and no one mentions this

How Dare You Greta GIF

Havent seen that. I rarely watch anime because it is often too dark or violent/ gory for my taste.

Yeah, most of the anime are somewhat disturbing for various reasons.

It’s more like a teen-drama, so not sure if you will like it. Some great music though.

1 Like

Not yet, but he does sound like he should be on our midfield shortlist.