Arne Slot - Head Coach

Shearer is the expert on how this works. He had enough stinkers himself to know that he remained on the pitch, on numerous occasions, when he should have been substituted - including when he was wearing an England shirt.
By his warped philosophy, must mean Quansah will remain, unjustly, on the pitch when he adds another decade to his playing career.
It would be great if these pundits, just give it a rest sometimes. They screech opinions on absolutely everything… and yet have no proven record of being successful at managing a team of professional footballers themselves.
In later life, I wonder if any of them ever look back at some of the punditry work they did. In particular, the nonsensical babbling they proffered… Yeah, if they wanted to be honest with themselves, more than likely they will think, what a dick I was back then…!

6 Likes

Brain-dead pundit, surprised?

1 Like

Given how arrogant one needs to be on TV blathering on about something they don’t really have expertise in despite practising it for so long… No.

1 Like

Or they wanted Ipswich to win.

If I remember well, Alan Hansen, one of the better pundits out there at the time, had a look back towards the end of his career, and said that his reputation as a pundit was made on one statement which he was 100% wrong about (‘You win nothing with kids’, dismissing Ferguson’s first title winning side, during the season when they won it) .

Oh and btw, Shearer is an absolute idiot, isn’t he?

1 Like

Amazingly, he was wrong but for a different reason than everyone remembers. That side didnt show that you can win things with kids. Instead it was just a totally inaccurate characterization of them that overlooked the experience there still was running right through the side.

5 Likes

I was just about to write the same thing (but less fluently because I couldn’t remember if my memory was accurate :rofl:)

Up to that quote he seemed to solely known for the “shocking defending”

2 Likes

Probably not. They most likely look at their big houses, car collection and wine cellar and consider themselves well rewarded for their wisdom.

2 Likes

The man has been in charge for one PL game. One. Media desperate for narratives already.

5 Likes

Esteemed TAN Members,

I hear you, and I promise that I will amend myself. For now, please bear with me as I navigate through some uncharted waters.

Most respectfully,
Arne Slot

10 Likes

Fify.

Why does Arne need to change ?

1 Like

with apologies :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Arne, I see you’re hanging around with Ifti. Just a word of warning. He seems like a nice bloke, but he’ll disappear when the bill arrives, and if he offers to introduce you to someone called AN_L, claim you’ve got covid and get out of there.

7 Likes

And if you can’t avoid meeting AN_L , make some excuse about your stomach etc to avoid having his korma.

2 Likes

That Cantona advert summed it up perfectly.

1 Like

Remind me which team were trying to sign Quansah earlier in the summer, Alan? I can’t remember…

4 Likes

Seems obvious that Slot had to do something last half time, he was hardly going to drag Virg and seems pretty obvious he would have told Quansah why,Hnneded to get Konate out there and it certainly worked.
As for Shearer’s bullocks,it is easy being a pundit sitting back and talking shit with immunity, seem to recall his managing career wasn’t top drawer!Though he could play a bit.Always respected Lineker saying he wouldn’t make a good manager, not all good players do.

2 Likes

It was noticeable last season that he wasn’t rock solid in duels. Quite the step up from League One however. He will get better though absolutely.

4 Likes