Arne Slot - Head Coach

Think if Neville is calling for ETH to get sacked ,that’s pretty much the club speaking.

He hasnt though has he.

Instead he was going off on a tangent claiming Liverpool went for 3rd choice Slot and deflected, in order to defend Uniteds decision.

2 Likes

We all know that Jürgen was Man U’s first choice and he said …

8 Likes

The Real Reason Behind Slot’s Great Start | John Barnes Special - YouTube

Some good points.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Top shelf parenting there!

1 Like
2 Likes

This is revealing, isn’t it:

It’s not hugely different but the centre is a little more cautious. Obviously, it’s early days and we will have to see how he responds when teams adapt to counter his tactics.

1 Like

First time we missed Klopp’s aura and presence on the touchline. Under him, you’d never write us off even when playing as dreadfully as this. This unshakable belief is not there yet with Slot.

Hopefully, he learns from this one because it was a really awful display.

5 Likes

Coaching canhelp when a team is so poor in the basics when in possession.

What I did like is his hinesty in the post match press conference, precise and to the point we were to blame, apart from Grav too many poor passes and hardly any good passages of play, paasing and moving

2 Likes

To be fair, it took him some time to get up to that never-say-die attitude so apples and oranges.

4 Likes

Of course Klopp needed time because he inherited a mess from Rodgers. Slot on the other hand took control of a team that made a habit of coming from behind.

Any chance that it was just bad luck for that game? After all, that’s never happened to us under Jürgen, has it?

3 Likes

He also inherited a team that at times couldn’t score to save their lives and who also had trouble dealing with counter-attacks and winning second balls. All of those worst traits from the last two seasons reared their ugly heads yesterday. Hopefully Slot can cut them down this time and make that abomination of a match a one-off.

3 Likes

Klopp’s teams usually had trouble finishing their chances. Yesterday, it was more a question of actually creating said chances rather than putting them away.

As far as the defensive side goes, up until we started losing our head, shape and discipline we were once again defending very well. It’s evident that Slot has emphasised compactness and defensive transitions.

Not sure that’s actually the case I’ve seen plenty of Klopp games where we created Jack all.

7 Likes

We’ve had some shockers away but not many at home. That Leeds defeat comes to mind and the Brighton draws.

I just remember a fair few where we got one or two. We’ve had plenty of games where we’ve masked how little we’ve created.

1 Like

checks calendar

No, it’s still September.

2 Likes

I meant Klopp games.

There seems to be a tinted version especially how we would play at times in his first few seasons.

He won everything and so he is our greatest since the 80s but Slot has had 4 games, three of which were brilliant. Give the bloke a chance.

9 Likes