Arne Slot - Head Coach

First real blemish for Slot, use of a Rodgerism, when speaking about Jaros:

“At this club we need three good goalkeepers and he was outstanding [against Palace].”

5 Likes

First 10 games / 9W, 1L is pretty good. I believe he will now take this break to review his team’s and individual player performances.
Then readjust where necessary and go again. He just strikes me as an unemotional coach, who reshapes his team to improve regardless the players’ reputations.
Next 10 games should make for interesting viewing.

4 Likes

TAN meltdowns incoming as we will be facing significantly tougher opposition. It’ll lead to crying about those 3 dropped points to Forest and pointing to a failure to sign a No.6.

All so predictable :rofl:

16 Likes

He does seem more Rafa than Klopp in his an approach… though a bit warmer than Rafa could be.

Of course we are all hoping he is Paisley to Klopp’s Shankley - capitalizing on what has been built to bring even more trophies home.

9 Likes

Next what I’m interested in is our quality and consistency when we really have to start rotating more, which hasn’t been the case so far (apart from the West Ham game and a few changes that have been mostly down the left side). Klopp used to change about half a team, tried to balance it across the team. We’ll see how Slot does it.

2 Likes

Somewhere between the two for me

1 Like

The interesting thing to me is for all the talk of Slot being consistent in selection, we don’t have that many players in or around the first team who have not already been part of the rotation who can come in for a cup game and make the team look like one of wholesale change.

Quansah, Gomez, Endo and Morton really. It seems clear to me he’d have used Jones and Chiesa more already had they been fit enough so I’d expect them, fitness allowing, to get more minutes moving forward as part of the core group. Gapko was just the victim of Diaz’s record setting run of scoring and has now started to assert himself and make his own claim. Bradley and Tsimi have been used a fair amount for players who are clear second choices. Im not sure yet where Darwin fits into all of that.

I think the result is that even if Slot wanted to put out a clear second string for the Brighton cup game, we’d almost certainly still have a good number of core players playing.

4 Likes

I think it’s the Milan away game and Man Utd away that so far do leave me feeling we have the right approach to do well.

Regardless four goals conceded over the 10 games is still impressive.

We’ve also played a number of awkward games away and got the points.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Anyone else see the BBC fan’s voice thingy??

Seems it’s not only TAN that cannot enjoy a win and top of the league.

2 Likes

Miserable fuckers.

I assume Salah is playing because Chiesa had that setback. Hopefully he will be back fully post break.

5 Likes

Also Simon is deluded. Talks about complacency but assumes that shooting on sight every single time yields results.

5 Likes

Probably spends most games saying, “fucks sake, Darwin.”

3 Likes

He’s got the classic “a better team”, like we wouldn’t adapt to a “better team”.

As we have done probably since the lads started out playing at Anfield back in the 1800s.

Love it as a cliche but it really is a cliche.

4 Likes

Fit right in around here, then.

4 Likes

Ask @Bekloppt and @cynicaloldgit, they were there, apparently.

5 Likes

They were too old to remember the finer details

3 Likes

In those days, if we played a better team, like Accrington Stanley for example, we’d pour ball barings all over the pitch so that the opposition would be bamboozled and we’d be able to score with ease.

1 Like

The “will Salah play every minute of every game” complaint is an interesting one to air after a game in which he was subbed off after 70 mins

11 Likes

Thats the problem with media. They pick the most reactionary, heat of the moment, comments and label it ‘Liverpool fans’…pricks.

4 Likes