Arne Slot - Head Coach

https://x.com/thisisanfield/status/1801270173149888638

“While Ruben Peeters is already in place as the first team’s lead physical performance coach, there hasn’t been much progress anywhere else.”

1 Like

Slot

Has anyone seen this man? If so, please approach and ask him why he is so bloomin’ shy. Much appreciated.

1 Like

I hope the fans don’t confuse him for the referee at his first match.

2 Likes

I imagine one of the perks about being Head Coach rather than Manager is that when the players all piss off for the summer and you’ve no one to coach, there’s no need to come into work.

Meanwhile Edwards and the boys will be scrutinising the shit out of some spreadsheets to ensure there’s some new toys for Arne when he does eventually clock in for his first shift.

5 Likes

A nice start for Arne. Should be able to get the team into the groove quite quickly.

6 Likes

I would have preferred a home fixture to ease him in to the role but there are some winnable ones there.

3 Likes

That run-in looks a bit brutal.

And I hate playing newly promoted clubs early on, I like other teams to knock the early-season optimism out of them first :joy:

8 Likes

Well this heaps pressure on Slot.

1st game away on TV (probably at lunch time) against a teams first Prem game for 20 years with the narrative being “well its all changed since Klopp left”.

But we always seem to get newly promoted teams 1st game - Norwich and Leeds spring to mind

1 Like

Dont mind it if we get it at Anfield but away to newly promoted teams early on is never a fun game to watch

2 Likes

Why are there matches listed vs Man City?
Surely they will be in the Conference by then?

2 Likes

It’s Ipswich ffs. We couldn’t have got a much better first 5 games for Slot. Delighted with that

Beating Norwich 4-1 was nice to watch.

Didn’t we win the title that season?

2 Likes

Was that early in the season?

My memory is foggy, but I thought it was later half of the season

https://x.com/Robbie9Fowler/status/1803047604130836725
:upside_down_face:

11 Likes

Can’t draw any particular conclusions, it’s just boredom at this stage and stuff to talk about.

Of course I look at Boxing Day, the biggest games (mostly United and Everton), interesting also which games will be connected with CL ones.

Other than that, what can you even say. It’s a difficult league however you turn it.

Let me guess - we play everyone twice, once home and once away?

10 Likes

Yeah, I really didn’t want that first. We can say it’s only Ipswich, but it’s their first game in the PL for decades and their stadium will be bouncing and the team will be absolutely rating to go. You don’t want to be part of that story.

4 Likes

Oddly enough their last PL game was against us.

3 Likes

First day of the season Norwich.

Was a Friday night I’d be more up for that than 12.30 on Saturday.